testtest

The legend and tradition of the hunting alarm

Sld1959

Hellcat
All my life, up until three years ago it was a tradition that my dad brought a wind up travel alarm to hunting camp. there were several over 60 odd years that i remember. He religiously wound and set it each night before bed to get us up in plenty of time to make deer stand in the morning. It became a bit of a legend in our hunting camps.

Three years ago, just before he passed in Dec. We had what would be the last Thanksgiving hunting camp and dad brought the alarm just like always even though he was to sick to go out.

When I arrived home and started unpacking I found the old Baby Ben alarm he had used for probably 30 years in one of my bags where he must have stowed it. I guess he knew it was his last camp and he passed on the torch as it were.

20230522_134429.jpg

Well two years ago , the first Thanksgiving after he passed I took it up north to use and it would not run. It died with him I guess.

Well for my birthday Pat bought me a new alarm for hunting camp. I guess it's my turn, and she picked out sonething I think was appropriate for me.

20230522_134321.jpg

All my life, up until three years ago it was a tradition that my dad brought a wind up travel alarm to hunting camp. there were several over 60 odd years that i remember. He religiously wound and set it each night before bed to get us up in plenty of time to make deer stand in the morning. It became a bit of a legend in our hunting camps.

Three years ago, just before he passed in Dec. We had what would be the last Thanksgiving hunting camp and dad brought the alarm just like always even though he was to sick to go out.

When I arrived home and started unpacking I found the old Baby Ben alarm he had used for probably 30 years in one of my bags where he must have stowed it. I guess he knew it was his last camp and he passed on the torch as it were.

View attachment 39829

Well two years ago , the first Thanksgiving after he passed I took it up north to use and it would not run. It died with him I guess.

Well for my birthday Pat bought me a new alarm for hunting camp. I guess it's my turn, and she picked out sonething I think was appropriate for me.

View attachment 39830
I has a clock just like that when I was growing up

Back