testtest

The Right Way To Retreat

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The best way to survive a deadly encounter is to get out of it altogether. Federal ambassador Josh Froelich shares two drills that will equip you to safely retreat to cover while putting effective rounds downrange.

1714015434688.png

Yes and no
Depends on the encounter.
The best cover may be in front of you. Dont always assume you have to retreat.

Another point. He states he put rounds downrange “effectively and efficiently”. Well, if thats the case, threat is no longer a threat because you were effective and efficient.
Why retreat ?
Hmmm.. maybe press the attack

a thought, its early and coffeee is not working yet

my favorite thing is at grocery store waiting in line to check out, behind a person with a whole cart full. SO i have time to watch those people come in and go out

i muse often and look around my area.
i am standing next to the coke machine filled with canned energy drinks

retreat to safety is 20 or so feet behind me, then an aisle to run and go out the back door through the meat department
if bad guy/girl runs in screaming get down.

its me ducking and assessing and maybe a diversion of a energy drink can hurled at the BG/G or in a direction to distract, and the people around me are at that point, in essence become cannon fodder and i could escape.

or do i duck down, grab a can and cause a distraction and while BG/G is momentarily looking away, drop one in his or her body or noggin?

fact is i am old, with crippled up knees and ducking down in a hurry may prevent me from popping back up in a hurry.

then in the scenario, most of the people would be screaming or what not and i could simply draw and plink one into the torso ???
something to think about.

i am in texas, so a crude estimate would be over half of the store patrons are ARMED.

second, i hate to state, the state of affairs we are in politically, but no one in the store is in my orbit of those i choose to protect by offering up myself as a target or a target of prosecution of bad guy/girl ends up not breathing.

we may be in texas, but i also know my county judge currently is not firearm friendly
the sheriff and police chief are, but the DA and judge are questionable

yes you might be a hero in the eyes of the patrons, but they arent the ones locking you up temporarily or longer

those are key points needed in the discussion in the video

i was always taught to duck, cover, assess and then decide if its a threat to me or my people or would it be better served to to no longer be a target , and lastly can I remove the threat without question of my motives and risk to people that may do dumb stuff and get in the line of fire.

i think in the real world if the above happened, i am not sure whats more important?, each event is different.

me walking or running out of the store unharmed, or me helping subdue bad guy/girl, or helping those around me escape to cover?

my gut tells me to duck, assess and get the fluck out of the hot zone, groceries be dammed. then once i am safe, maybe see if i could engage and turn off bad guy /girl

i know alot of rambo wantabeeees may say they would be the hero. thats ok to.

my life is worth more than the person in- front of me, because they are not mine, they are not my brothers in arms, they are not family or friends.... just store patrons

however if the person in-front or around me is a friend or the like then i would try as a human to protect them as well and they protect me to..for i am sure if they are a friend, they are armed

lastly its good we can think things through in the safety of our homes or at the range practicing
it gets the grey matter thinking, what would you really do?
i am not heartless, just pragmatic

Yes and no
Depends on the encounter.
The best cover may be in front of you. Dont always assume you have to retreat.

Another point. He states he put rounds downrange “effectively and efficiently”. Well, if thats the case, threat is no longer a threat because you were effective and efficient.
Why retreat ?
Hmmm.. maybe press the attack
Maybe the threat is more than one could handle, aka overwhelming?

or your position is undefendable.

a thought, its early and coffeee is not working yet

my favorite thing is at grocery store waiting in line to check out, behind a person with a whole cart full. SO i have time to watch those people come in and go out

i muse often and look around my area.
i am standing next to the coke machine filled with canned energy drinks

retreat to safety is 20 or so feet behind me, then an aisle to run and go out the back door through the meat department
if bad guy/girl runs in screaming get down.

its me ducking and assessing and maybe a diversion of a energy drink can hurled at the BG/G or in a direction to distract, and the people around me are at that point, in essence become cannon fodder and i could escape.

or do i duck down, grab a can and cause a distraction and while BG/G is momentarily looking away, drop one in his or her body or noggin?

fact is i am old, with crippled up knees and ducking down in a hurry may prevent me from popping back up in a hurry.

then in the scenario, most of the people would be screaming or what not and i could simply draw and plink one into the torso ???
something to think about.

i am in texas, so a crude estimate would be over half of the store patrons are ARMED.

second, i hate to state, the state of affairs we are in politically, but no one in the store is in my orbit of those i choose to protect by offering up myself as a target or a target of prosecution of bad guy/girl ends up not breathing.

we may be in texas, but i also know my county judge currently is not firearm friendly
the sheriff and police chief are, but the DA and judge are questionable

yes you might be a hero in the eyes of the patrons, but they arent the ones locking you up temporarily or longer

those are key points needed in the discussion in the video

i was always taught to duck, cover, assess and then decide if its a threat to me or my people or would it be better served to to no longer be a target , and lastly can I remove the threat without question of my motives and risk to people that may do dumb stuff and get in the line of fire.

i think in the real world if the above happened, i am not sure whats more important?, each event is different.

me walking or running out of the store unharmed, or me helping subdue bad guy/girl, or helping those around me escape to cover?

my gut tells me to duck, assess and get the fluck out of the hot zone, groceries be dammed. then once i am safe, maybe see if i could engage and turn off bad guy /girl

i know alot of rambo wantabeeees may say they would be the hero. thats ok to.

my life is worth more than the person in- front of me, because they are not mine, they are not my brothers in arms, they are not family or friends.... just store patrons

however if the person in-front or around me is a friend or the like then i would try as a human to protect them as well and they protect me to..for i am sure if they are a friend, they are armed

lastly its good we can think things through in the safety of our homes or at the range practicing
it gets the grey matter thinking, what would you really do?
i am not heartless, just pragmatic

I am heartless. And the odds of me putting my life in severe jeopardy for someone I don't know and love ( other than a kid) are pretty slim. I'm not saying I wouldn't do what I can, but I am not putting myself in someone else's line of fire. You are under no obligation to defend strangers.

Back