testtest

The Sheriff - Best place to keep it

TidalWave

Professional
Don’t think I’ve seen one of the Sheriffs takes posted lately, so here it is.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/where-s-the-best-place-to-keep-a-home-defense-firearm/

Last paragraph is the best; 2nd to last I'm not on board with. But that’s just me - I’m not carrying around my house, and not taking a shower with one. I figure the bedroom is my best location; if I’m elsewhere then I’m awake/alert ( at least semi ) and can get there. If I’m asleep, bedside table is within reach.

I have one on a lamp table next to my chair and one on my nightstand. No kids and if I have company, I can leave out or pick up as need be. Carry is when I leave the house. When I'm in my garage, the door is locked. Maybe I should have one out then or carry there.

Don’t think I’ve seen one of the Sheriffs takes posted lately, so here it is.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/where-s-the-best-place-to-keep-a-home-defense-firearm/

Last paragraph is the best; 2nd to last I'm not on board with. But that’s just me - I’m not carrying around my house, and not taking a shower with one. I figure the bedroom is my best location; if I’m elsewhere then I’m awake/alert ( at least semi ) and can get there. If I’m asleep, bedside table is within reach.
Yea, thanks for posting, I don’t do anything with anything pertaining to the NRA since I canceled my membership

Not sure I’d be carrying while I’m home but since no children live with me I have one next to me within easy reach at all times. Now if I had adult guests the gun would be close but accessible only to me, adults with children? Locked up in my bedroom closet, closet door locked.

Last edited:
I have one close to hand almost constantly. One being in back front and middle making one close no matter where I am. When I have young company they are stored safely. When they are stored I am definitely carrying. When I am sitting in my chair my carry is on the table next to me.

Back