testtest

The States that Own the Most Guns (Per Capita)

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
To start, the United States has the highest number of guns per capita in the world, with an estimated 120.5 guns per 100 people. If you’re from Mississippi, this simply means that there are more guns in the US than people – to the tune of 5 guns for every 4 people. According to Google, the average gun owner in the US owns 12.6 guns, which definitely helps to average up the zeroes on the score sheet from non-gun-owners.

The states with the highest gun ownership rates are....

DALL%C2%B7E-2023-08-24-12.44.14-A-photograph-of-the-united-states-with-a-musket-660x660.png

While I thoroughly enjoyed the short read....cited sources are "some people" and "Google".
There was another link in the article, which also had more links.

Here it is.

There was another link in the article, which also had more links.

Here it is.

I missed that link in the OP. Still, it's Yahoo.....:ROFLMAO:. Yahoo being about the MOST leftist online source of information available. And yes, I have a yahoo e-mail address....

It is a statistic that would interesting to analyze, regardless...

Any list like this is suspect and I’ll tell you why.

The states with the most guns per capita also have the most people with dangerously big mouths per capita.

If people ( especially people strange to me, or you know, Google) ask me how many guns I have, they’ll get one of two answers. Or both.

1). None
2). F off.

Any list like this is suspect and I’ll tell you why.

The states with the most guns per capita also have the most people with dangerously big mouths per capita.

If people ( especially people strange to me, or you know, Google) ask me how many guns I have, they’ll get one of two answers. Or both.

1). None
2). F off.

They can also take the number of 4473 purchases over time & divide it by the population size.

Considering my state is #1 we speak softly but there's a firearm behind every blade of grass. :sneaky:

They can also take the number of 4473 purchases over time & divide it by the population size.

Considering my state is #1 we speak softly but there's a firearm behind every blade of grass. :sneaky:
Well, 4473s indicate a BGC, they don't necessarily indicate a firearm sale and they could indicate up to 5 firearm sales. And certainly they don't indicate all firearm sales. A lot of people for some reason deeply distrust the government and buy most of their stuff privately.

To start, the United States has the highest number of guns per capita in the world, with an estimated 120.5 guns per 100 people. If you’re from Mississippi, this simply means that there are more guns in the US than people – to the tune of 5 guns for every 4 people. According to Google, the average gun owner in the US owns 12.6 guns, which definitely helps to average up the zeroes on the score sheet from non-gun-owners.

DALL%C2%B7E-2023-08-24-12.44.14-A-photograph-of-the-united-states-with-a-musket-660x660.png
i did not see where the stats came in as far as what year..???

was it 2023, 2022, 1817..????

was it mid-year....end of year..????

and if they took those states off of 4473 forms filled out, how many did not actually buy a gun even if they were "clear" to do so..??

did they get those stats from the gun stores?

how many gun stores reported the sales for the article..???

kinda a so-so statistical article.

As Bassbob said, all lists like this are suspect…
There’s all kinds of considerations that are either subjective or unknowable. Availability of hunting land and game variety might be one factor; I dunno… I also don’t really care.
Everybody owns cars, everybody has a gun (assuming they really want to get one). I’ve got a private opinion that a WHOLE lotta Dems/libs are in fact firearms owners.

Only real stat I’m interested in is How many justified defensive shootings occur by state each year? And what’s that state’s violent crime rate, comparatively?

There

As Bassbob said, all lists like this are suspect…
There’s all kinds of considerations that are either subjective or unknowable. Availability of hunting land and game variety might be one factor; I dunno… I also don’t really care.
Everybody owns cars, everybody has a gun (assuming they really want to get one). I’ve got a private opinion that a WHOLE lotta Dems/libs are in fact firearms owners.

Only real stat I’m interested in is How many justified defensive shootings occur by state each year? And what’s that state’s violent crime rate, comparatively?

There
my state, pretty much only reports on the over all crime rate, how much it went up or down.

how many were violent crimes involving any sort of weapon.

i have never seen any such reporting on self defensive shootings.

i'd be certain, those figures are available but only to the lawmakers not us pions.

Well, 4473s indicate a BGC, they don't necessarily indicate a firearm sale and they could indicate up to 5 firearm sales. And certainly they don't indicate all firearm sales. A lot of people for some reason deeply distrust the government and buy most of their stuff privately.
I guess my state has even more. (y);)

Kentucky #12 heck yeah, very surprised Texas didn’t make the top 20?

Back