testtest

The Story of the 9mm

From the article

I thought back to the effects different pistol rounds having on animals, victim's of shootings, and Officer involved shootings that I had seen personally and read about during my career. I couldn't think of a single shooting where the person or animal was shot with a 9mm and lived, but would have died if the round would have been a .40S&W or a .45acp. And I could not think of a single shooting where a person or animal was shot with a .40S&W or a .45acp and died, but would have survived if the round would have been a 9mm.

10mm fan here also. My first pistol was Glock model 20. It is still my favorite hand gun. But not my carry gun.
My carry gun is a Glock model 36 45ACP compact. Yes I like bigger slugs.
Yes, lots of talk about using a bigger caliber in 10-round max capacity states...and .45 is the only one mentioned. I would take a 10mm. My first 1911 was a 10mm. I don't even own a 1911 in .45 (sorry Old_Me).

My FN545 is the same size as my VP9 and packs 18 rds of .45 and has the recoil of a 9mm. It’s the best of both worlds. That being said I love my HKs, my Sig P Series guns, my 9mm 1911s, etc. Make sure you can put 5 rounds in the same hole and caliber becomes irrelevant.

BTW, these work as well today as when they were invented too.
View attachment 43391
I would argue the point re: the rotary dial phone. If the user's phone company still has operational gear to recognize the pulse signaling, perhaps. But most have long since migrated to digital switches (from the old analog steppers) and forget something like a Metaswitch (what is termed a "soft switch") served phone line being usable with a rotary phone! I suppose a phone company could have converters on the lines to translate the rotary dialed pulses to DTMF, but I suspect those would be out in the rural areas where the likes of AT&T, etc. have neglected to replace their old gear (or swap the old copper lines for fiber).

I would argue the point re: the rotary dial phone. If the user's phone company still has operational gear to recognize the pulse signaling, perhaps. But most have long since migrated to digital switches (from the old analog steppers) and forget something like a Metaswitch (what is termed a "soft switch") served phone line being usable with a rotary phone! I suppose a phone company could have converters on the lines to translate the rotary dialed pulses to DTMF, but I suspect those would be out in the rural areas where the likes of AT&T, etc. have neglected to replace their old gear (or swap the old copper lines for fiber).
You’re That Guy! 😎

Back