testtest

The Urge to Purchase

@BET7 likes to be well prepared..

Front

1625797663750.png

and under the vest.

1625797735103.png

I used to have terrible impulse buying issues. Then I :

A. Got married and we decided whatever one spent, the other got to spend a like amount.

B. Raised my wife's niece as our own.

C. Put said daughter/niece through college.

D. Got old and had excessive medical bills from arthritis and wife's medical issues.

Those things seemed to get those impulses under control the past 40 years lol. Well kinda... I just got the tracking numbers on a package out of Switzerland, and I talked to my gun guy yesterday...

I used to have terrible impulse buying issues. Then I :

A. Got married and we decided whatever one spent, the other got to spend a like amount.

B. Raised my wife's niece as our own.

C. Put said daughter/niece through college.

D. Got old and had excessive medical bills from arthritis and wife's medical issues.

Those things seemed to get those impulses under control the past 40 years lol. Well kinda... I just got the tracking numbers on a package out of Switzerland, and I talked to my gun guy yesterday...

Mine sorta went backwards from that. I married my second wife when I was 32 and my stepdaughter was 8. I was a contractor, which around here means you usually spend the money you saved during the summer to survive in the winter. Raised the kid. She moved out when she was 17. Then I lucked into the gravy ass job I have had for 10 years now, which dramatically overpays me and at which I don't really work all that hard ( at least comparatively). I'm 52, my houses are nearly paid off, I have a nice retirement portfolio and an "acceptable" gun allowance. :cool:

In fact I am getting a heavy package from PA today and an upper from BCA tomorrow. So when I get home tomorrow afternoon from the pistol class I'm taking I'll spend the rest of the weekend puttering around in the shed, making some changes to a couple and putting together a new one. I've been on vacation all week, but unfortunately I have been under the weather since Sunday with an upper respiratory infection that's going around. I broke down and got the covid vac Monday too which didn't help my current condition. Anyway, yeah, those urges are a b***h. The trick is to keep them in check just enough to keep the wife off your azz. We kinda have an agreement. She don't tell me how to spend my money and I don't tell her how to spend my money. :)

I have no control over my impulse buying. I always try to control my buying impulses by telling myself I really don’t need it. But that only works for a day or so and before I know it I’ve ordered something online again. This time it was a 17 round magazine for my G2c.
It's funny but I had the same urge to impulse purchase as well, and I couldn't resist. It's a Remington Model 12. The serial number indicates that it was made about 1930. Not bad looking for being 91 years old.
Remington Model 12.JPG

Someone took care of that rifle, beautiful looking gun and great looking stock. 😎
Yep, Keystone19250 I got lucky on that one. This rifle and the two revolvers that I posted a while back I bought at local estate sale auctions. The problem is that the auction company premium, sales tax, and transfer fees drive the total cost up to what you'd pay in a gun store. Price wise it was expensive, but a .22 rifle this old in this condition is hard to find.

Back