testtest

The What & Why: Testing A Self Defense Gun

I usually fire at least 500 rounds through a gun before I carry it. I also practice failure drills, combat reloads, etc..
Initially I will fire 300-500 before carrying then as time goes by I will add specific drills. In the initial testing I'm looking for reliability, single shot accuracy, and follow up shot speed/accuracy.

Initially I will fire 300-500 before carrying then as time goes by I will add specific drills. In the initial testing I'm looking for reliability, single shot accuracy, and follow up shot speed/accuracy.

Yep, carry guns I drill with constantly. The first 500 rounds I'm looking for target ammo and carry ammo compatibility. At this stage I am trying to settle on what ammo works best in the gun and what ammo will feed reliably, or more accurately what ammo won't feed reliably. I take note of group sizes and in the case of carry ammo detail damage to whatever chunk of wood I'm testing it on. I've gotten lazy with that last part lately and as long as the HST shoots accurately and reliably I call it good.

Back