testtest

This is why LLWS is one of two sporting events i still watch.

Good show of sportsmanship by the kid who got beaned in the head by coming over to the upset pitcher. I don’t understand why the pitcher would be so upset though. Getting hit or hitting someone with pitch in baseball is bound to happen. It’s part of the game and he certainly didn’t do it intentionally.
I was hit in very similar fashion when i was about his age and remember it clear as day. The pitcher was, and still is, a good friend of mine 40 years later. He wasn’t upset, nor was I.
I just found the exchange a bit odd.

Good show of sportsmanship by the kid who got beaned in the head by coming over to the upset pitcher. I don’t understand why the pitcher would be so upset though. Getting hit or hitting someone with pitch in baseball is bound to happen. It’s part of the game and he certainly didn’t do it intentionally.
I was hit in very similar fashion when i was about his age and remember it clear as day. The pitcher was, and still is, a good friend of mine 40 years later. He wasn’t upset, nor was I.
I just found the exchange a bit odd.
A big difference in stress levels between a local LL game and the LLWS. Those kids, pitchers especially feel a lot riding them to play great, thier city, state, and yes country are watching and believe me, they feel pressure to perform. I do not find it that unusual for the stress, fear, and disappointment to hit a young kid hard.

A big difference in stress levels between a local LL game and the LLWS. Those kids, pitchers especially feel a lot riding them to play great, thier city, state, and yes country are watching and believe me, they feel pressure to perform. I do not find it that unusual for the stress, fear, and disappointment to hit a young kid hard.
I can see that point. However if that is the case then Little League baseball should scale it back, cut out the tv coverage and keep it low key if it that stressful.

People in general should take a lesson from this that is totally a class act kudos to the way they were raise learn from this

Back