testtest

This Old Gun: Ruger Mini Thirty

The Mini Thirty. I love the action, I love the rifle but no matter what all I did it would not group, for my liking. Awesome rifles but not accurate enough for me. I went through one Mini Thirty and two Mini-14’s

The Mini Thirty. I love the action, I love the rifle but no matter what all I did it would not group, for my liking. Awesome rifles but not accurate enough for me. I went through one Mini Thirty and two Mini-14’s
Have you tried the newer 580 series Mini?

The mini 14 & mini 30 now have a bull barrel instead of the thin pencil barrel they were originally produced with.

I currently have a newer Mini-14 that shoots just as accurate as my AR's.

The only thing I'm not too fond of with the gun is having to rock the mag Into and out of place.

The Mini's are nice guns that require less maintenance & cleaning compared to most rifles with similar features and it comes in a lower profile then an AR.

Nice video/article on the History of the Ruger Mini Thirty:

I think of this every time i see a Ruger mini 30
1597942974490.gif

Have you tried the newer 580 series Mini?

The mini 14 & mini 30 now have a bull barrel instead of the thin pencil barrel they were originally produced with.

I currently have a newer Mini-14 that shoots just as accurate as my AR's.

The only thing I'm not too fond of with the gun is having to rock the mag Into and out of place.

The Mini's are nice guns that require less maintenance & cleaning compared to most rifles with similar features and it comes in a lower profile then an AR.

Yeah, they all but two were 581 series. I installed the Accu Strut on them, worked over the triggers. I promise I’m not bashing them and I would have another in a heartbeat, I truly love that platform I just have a “thing” about accuracy. I got rid of my last one and talked to a buddy who actually sent his off to some guy/company that works on them. It came back and it was a completely different rifle. I was shocked.

I bought a mini 14 early 1980 and loved it. It was plenty acurrate for me . I made many head shots on Groundhogs ( Woodchucks to some ) at 100 yards with no problem and that was with iron sights. Yes that was when I was a young whippersnapper. LOL

Then after owning it a few years , I started hearing people say they wouldn't have one cause you couldn't hit a barn wall if you were inside the barn. I guess I just got lucky and had a good one. I will say I much prefer the mini 14 over an AR15 any day. Even though I own an AR 15 I never did like the looks of them from the time they fist became a hot item and all the rage.

I bought a mini 14 early 1980 and loved it. It was plenty acurrate for me . I made many head shots on Groundhogs ( Woodchucks to some ) at 100 yards with no problem and that was with iron sights. Yes that was when I was a young whippersnapper. LOL

Then after owning it a few years , I started hearing people say they wouldn't have one cause you couldn't hit a barn wall if you were inside the barn. I guess I just got lucky and had a good one. I will say I much prefer the mini 14 over an AR15 any day. Even though I own an AR 15 I never did like the looks of them from the time they fist became a hot item and all the rage.

My first few shots were accurate, after that, put a fork in it. I’m with you I also much prefer the Mini (action) over the AR although I’m used to and trained on the AR and having said that I don’t dislike it just something about the Mini 14 action in comparison to the AR when comparing them head to head.

Back