testtest

Thousands Flood ATF With Comments Over Rule Change That Could Land Millions of Americans in Legal Trouble

The decision has already been made, but at least they'll know there's opposition.
I'm not sure of that. And even if, unlike Obama and even Trump who scrapped planned changes after massive public outcry, they do carry on with it, it's certain to wind up in court.

I can tell you this. After the DOJ sent a 7 page letter to Missouri's governor Mike Parsons basically telling him not to enforce the new SAPA, Parsons and Missouri legislators pretty much just raised their middle fingers. They were on the news last night basically telling the Biden administration to kiss their azz. " We will not be enforcing any of your unconstitutional gun grabs and without our help it's going to be very hard for you to enforce them". This statement, or a reasonable facsimile, came out of the mouth of the guy that sponsored the bill yesterday.

I'm not sure of that. And even if, unlike Obama and even Trump who scrapped planned changes after massive public outcry, they do carry on with it, it's certain to wind up in court.

I can tell you this. After the DOJ sent a 7 page letter to Missouri's governor Mike Parsons basically telling him not to enforce the new SAPA, Parsons and Missouri legislators pretty much just raised their middle fingers. They were on the news last night basically telling the Biden administration to kiss their azz. " We will not be enforcing any of your unconstitutional gun grabs and without our help it's going to be very hard for you to enforce them". This statement, or a reasonable facsimile, came out of the mouth of the guy that sponsored the bill yesterday.

I agree if when/if the ATF decides on the ban it’s going to be a long, drawn out process one way or the other.

The sad thing is I just feel like they are using this as a cash grab. The issue always rises whenever there is a mass shooting of some sort. While I wish those didn’t happen and I grieve for the lives lost, banning pistol braces isn’t going to stop the next guy from showing up and doing it again. Does someone paying an extra $200 per AR pistol mean there won’t be crazy, hateful people won’t get a hold of them? I don’t think it does.

If you want “stricter” laws that put more emphasis on background checks, education on mental health, etc. then I am open to that discussion to see what can be done to keep guns out of the hands of people who have intent to harm others. Simply making people fill out extra paper work and pay $200 isn’t the answer I’m sorry..

Utah, the state I live in just passed constitutional carry which I think is great. It’s getting good people more comfortable with carrying. Anyone that could be deemed harmful or shouldn’t be carrying in the first place was already carrying a gun with them regardless. I think if more states would do that it would curb some of the crazies from being so confident they can go hurt innocent people without led being ran right back at them.

just my .2 cents. Some of you may agree and some may not. That’s fine.

I agree if when/if the ATF decides on the ban it’s going to be a long, drawn out process one way or the other.

The sad thing is I just feel like they are using this as a cash grab. The issue always rises whenever there is a mass shooting of some sort. While I wish those didn’t happen and I grieve for the lives lost, banning pistol braces isn’t going to stop the next guy from showing up and doing it again. Does someone paying an extra $200 per AR pistol mean there won’t be crazy, hateful people won’t get a hold of them? I don’t think it does.

If you want “stricter” laws that put more emphasis on background checks, education on mental health, etc. then I am open to that discussion to see what can be done to keep guns out of the hands of people who have intent to harm others. Simply making people fill out extra paper work and pay $200 isn’t the answer I’m sorry..

Utah, the state I live in just passed constitutional carry which I think is great. It’s getting good people more comfortable with carrying. Anyone that could be deemed harmful or shouldn’t be carrying in the first place was already carrying a gun with them regardless. I think if more states would do that it would curb some of the crazies from being so confident they can go hurt innocent people without led being ran right back at them.

just my .2 cents. Some of you may agree and some may not. That’s fine.
I do not. I am not willing to negotiate with regards to stricter laws for law abiding citizens to exercise their rights. Negotiating that crap is the entire reason we have all these ridiculous gun laws now. We should never have given an inch. It has been proven time and time again that an inch is never enough because it isn’t their end goal. Being okay with stricter laws and enhanced BGCs as long as it doesn’t cost you $200 is seriously short sighted.

I stand with my fellow Missourians, my legislators and my governor, firmly ensconced in the sticks with both middle fingers in the air.

We need some clones of your governor nationwide. I call dibs on the first one to be sent to KY.

Along with the comments (and I hope they keep coming), it’s also time that our Constitution abiding Representatives and Senators, get involved and demand accountability from the ATF on this supposed “rule” proposal, and how it wouldn’t be considered the Executive branch of government writing and implementing a new law. Several Reps, and Senators did so the last time this was proposed, and it helped temporarily postponed the ATF’s efforts.

Back