testtest

Thunder Weekend

As Louisville Kentucky moves towards the Kentucky Derby the party begins today with (Thunder Over Louisville) at 3pm the air show starts over the Ohio river with an air show coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the
United States Air Force, over 30 aircraft from commercial, private and the military will show off flying maneuvers including mock water rescues by the US Coast Guard, following the air show will be an awesome fireworks show. I’ve been to one show on my first year in Kentucky but with today’s crowds expected to be close to 1 million people there is no way I’m fighting that crowd. I’ll be watching it on the TV.
I’ll try to post some pictures later.

343982F8-26ED-479E-9A48-853761F1374E.jpeg

Son is always taking me to air shows when they are around. Cancelled the show scheduled for Cape Cod last year so was bummed about that. It's been many years since they had one there. Anyway, between the two (and they are both very good) like the Thunderbirds better. Last year they did a lot of flying over the crowd. Different take as they are usually parallel to the runway

yeah here in my state, the air show was part of the RIANG ( Rhode Island air national guard) and had many sponsors. we went maybe 3 times, and each time, same ole, same ole, so we stopped. admission was free, but they liked a "donation" for the childrens hospital, which i could easily see giving.

however,

food...expensive

beverages.....expensive

nick-knacks, souvenirs expensive.

no place to sit, you have to take your own chairs..

you are NOT allowed ice boxes, coolers, or your own food.....like WTF..???

then the air show shut down due to covid, actually been shut down for like 4-5 years IIRC

now it is back up and running again this year...NO sponsors, it's being put on by some promotional air show company, with admission of $35. but it was not said $35 per car load, or per person..

either way, they can keep it.

yeah here in my state, the air show was part of the RIANG ( Rhode Island air national guard) and had many sponsors. we went maybe 3 times, and each time, same ole, same ole, so we stopped. admission was free, but they liked a "donation" for the childrens hospital, which i could easily see giving.
I didn't realize you were in RI. Must be going to Quonset Point. Been there more than a few times. My biggest issue is the sun. No where to get out of it, except under an aircraft wing, where everyone else is hiding from it.

I didn't realize you were in RI. Must be going to Quonset Point. Been there more than a few times. My biggest issue is the sun. No where to get out of it, except under an aircraft wing, where everyone else is hiding from it.
yeah, we "found" some area by a hanger/building, blocked the sun for a long time too. was really cool there for a while. but the grand kids wanted to get close to the fencing to see, "Shockwave" ...everything else is well...up in the air. Mrs and i took turns walking the kids around.

sometimes, cool weather, low humidity...sometimes, HOT and muggy....always was on Father's Day weekend.

grand kids can go with thier parents, or stay the hell home. i ain't spending all sorts of money with this new air show production.

Back