testtest

Tickling the Trickler

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
The powder Trickler from RCBS in particular is a rather interesting looking reloading tool. I think it looks like the cooling
tower for a miniature nuclear power generation plant. Trust me, no radiation is involved.

If you are looking to get precise powder loads then you need to use the Trickler. It will allow you to dispense the powder a
flake or granule one at a time. It's my favorite way to get precise powder charges. Rather than trying to talk you through the
operation there is a quick little video on Youtube that sums it all up.

Trickler.jpg

The powder Trickler from RCBS in particular is a rather interesting looking reloading tool. I think it looks like the cooling
tower for a miniature nuclear power generation plant. Trust me, no radiation is involved.

If you are looking to get precise powder loads then you need to use the Trickler. It will allow you to dispense the powder a
flake or granule one at a time. It's my favorite way to get precise powder charges. Rather than trying to talk you through the
operation there is a quick little video on Youtube that sums it all up.

View attachment 1072
I have a trickler and electronic scale that I use when load developing 5 - 10 rounds with same bullet and different powders. I do weight check every time I turn it on and/or move it. It does make small batches faster!

I have a trickler and electronic scale that I use when load developing 5 - 10 rounds with same bullet and different powders. I do weight check every time I turn it on and/or move it. It does make small batches faster!
When you desire very accurate loads weighing each one is the only way. Powder measure is safe but not exacting as you want for say competition ammo.
Balance or Electronic, got to zero before use, and after a relocation. I zero mine even if I happen to just slide it a tiny bit. Once located I will set the load I want and then verify with calibrated weights.

Still have my original RCBS trickler from 1978. Of course, it will never wear out. About 20 yrs ago, I bought a vibrating trickler, controlled by a wired remote. 2 buttons operate it, slow and fast. No name on it, and forgot where I bought it. Sure beats turning the little handle.

Still have my original RCBS trickler from 1978. Of course, it will never wear out. About 20 yrs ago, I bought a vibrating trickler, controlled by a wired remote. 2 buttons operate it, slow and fast. No name on it, and forgot where I bought it. Sure beats turning the little handle.
Not really a whole bunch that can go wrong with the mechanical trickler. Don't think I need an electronic one but I found two. $35 from Hornaday and $200 from RCBS.

Back