testtest

*title change* Girl brings AR to hearing

I read it on FoxNews as well, & love how they think that having “that permit” magically stops the teenagers from shooting someone. Oh, and there are those words again “common sense policy”. :rolleyes:

Opponents say allowing teenagers to carry a concealed weapon without a permit within city limits could lead to shootings.
"The vast majority of states require that a person get a permit before carrying a concealed gun in public," said Diana David of Moms Demand Action, an organization that seeks public safety measures to protect people from gun violence. "That's a common-sense policy."

"Common sense" would be "I'm not going to shoot someone in the street". But leave it to the Dems to not grasp the concept of "personal responsibility".

The law "could lead to shootings"....yea...of CRIMINALS. God forbid the populace have the ability to fight back.

Just changed the title to bring in more in line with the actual topic.

I will probably get lambasted for saying this on the forum, but....
With all of the anti gun folks out there, are we doing the right thing? Is this just adding fuel to their fire? I showed this picture to a few folks in work without saying anything other than just looking to get their opinion. Some were gun folks, some were not, but they all had the same response. That was "really". As a parent, I don't think I would have my 11 year old strolling around with any weapon hanging off their shoulder. I am not questioning their capabilities. I am not questioning their right to own or their right to have an opinion or to make an argument. I am thinking about peoples fears regardless of them being valid or not. I'm not saying you should show up to these things in a suit, but people are going to wonder about the adults thinking letting a child do this. Again, I am thinking about what people fear. Same with a demonstration with someone standing there armed, flack jacket on and something covering their face. Why do they need to cover their face? Are they doing something wrong? That's what people think. I'm probably not making any sense, but I would think that we should be educating and reducing peoples fear, not trying to fight fear with fear. The anti-gunners call it "intimidation tactics". Lets not do things to add to their never ending opinions and numbers. Just my 2 cents. Does anyone else see it this way or is my thinking off?

I have too many personal experiences with people who have been terrified of guns - just the piece of metal and polymer scares the hell out of them. Then, as I expose them to more facts, point out more people who we both know who carry and/or own guns, people who they agree are "normal"; they see me carrying daily, and ultimately end up going to the range with me to shoot guns on their own...they start to realize "hey, this piece of metal and polymer isn't evil...it's just a hunk of material that I can control easily, and if I use caution, it won't hurt anyone at all".

THAT is the eye-opener for people.

I believe that the more good-guy-guns we have out in the open, the better off we will all be. If the ONLY experience people have with "guns in public" is criminals shooting at each other, or at the family as they carjack them, or at the cops as they try to arrest them...well DUH, they're going to have a fear of guns. We need "good guns" out in the open, so the fear gets put back where it belongs - fear of the CRIMINAL, not of the weapon. But first we need laws that support more open carry, in more places...and once we get those laws, we need to take advantage of them. Legally. Politely. Calmly. Much like was done in Richmond recently - be the better person, every step of the way. That way, when a scaredy-cat calls one of us in for open-carry, we will be prepared for a calm, polite, rational discussion with the officer that we are in fact legally carrying our firearm and have done nothing to make people nervous other than having it on our hip.

Is 11 pushing it? Meh...maybe. But, it's not like she picked it up on the way out the door as a prop, for the shock factor...she is literally a walking example of responsible usage.

I was thinking the same, having an 11 year old with an AR hanging around her neck, I think all this does is to push more for the anti gun crowd. Yes, she hunts with it and was shooting guns at a young age, yes it’s her right to carry it, but to me, it just adds fuel to the fire, I may be wrong here, but with the way some think about guns and kids, I think it went to far here. Just my thoughts and opinion.

Just changed the title to bring in more in line with the actual topic.

I will probably get lambasted for saying this on the forum, but....
With all of the anti gun folks out there, are we doing the right thing? Is this just adding fuel to their fire? I showed this picture to a few folks in work without saying anything other than just looking to get their opinion. Some were gun folks, some were not, but they all had the same response. That was "really". As a parent, I don't think I would have my 11 year old strolling around with any weapon hanging off their shoulder. I am not questioning their capabilities. I am not questioning their right to own or their right to have an opinion or to make an argument. I am thinking about peoples fears regardless of them being valid or not. I'm not saying you should show up to these things in a suit, but people are going to wonder about the adults thinking letting a child do this. Again, I am thinking about what people fear. Same with a demonstration with someone standing there armed, flack jacket on and something covering their face. Why do they need to cover their face? Are they doing something wrong? That's what people think. I'm probably not making any sense, but I would think that we should be educating and reducing peoples fear, not trying to fight fear with fear. The anti-gunners call it "intimidation tactics". Lets not do things to add to their never ending opinions and numbers. Just my 2 cents. Does anyone else see it this way or is my thinking off?
I don't have an issue in this case as it was to illustrate a point, much the same as the 22K armed individuals at the Virginia Capital building were. I doubt in their every day lives are they carrying around their firearms so openly on display. That said, if I was one on that board of supervisors, or saw someone standing with a rifle with face covered, I be concerned thinking what's inside this persons head. Are they angry with something/someone, could they go off the deep end and start shooting. It's a natural human instinct to have one's senses heighten when the perception of potential danger is at hand.

Back