testtest

To Act Or Not To Act: The Good Samaritan Situation

Let me preface this with the advice that you avoid use of force if possible. The use of deadly force even when fully justified will have a profound effect on your life.

I can't overemphasize the importance of knowing the law where you are. In Florida for example, you are immune from arrest, prosecution, or civil suit if your use of force is determined to be justified under Chapter 776 or 782. Not to say you should not retain counsel but the idea that you will be arrested or sued as a matter of course in a justified shooting is just wrong in most states. Learn the law and do the right thing.

Let me preface this with the advice that you avoid use of force if possible. The use of deadly force even when fully justified will have a profound effect on your life.

I can't overemphasize the importance of knowing the law where you are. In Florida for example, you are immune from arrest, prosecution, or civil suit if your use of force is determined to be justified under Chapter 776 or 782. Not to say you should not retain counsel but the idea that you will be arrested or sued as a matter of course in a justified shooting is just wrong in most states. Learn the law and do the right thing.
Force and especially deadly force is a last resort.

Back