testtest

Training is Just as Important as the Firearm Your Carrying: The Sheriff’s Take

Good read from the sheriff on training is as important as the firearm you are carrying

Just like other things. Just because you have a car or bike doesn't mean you can drive it. Just because you have a gun doesn't mean you can use it properly.

Good read from the sheriff on training is as important as the firearm you are carrying

Great article. Just like there's beginner's luck, perhaps I have the beginner's thrill to shoot cuz it seems like I never want to leave the range. But I'd like to think not; I think it's more of a desire to learn and become good and proficient at using my firearm, while at the same time having some fun! I'm looking forward to getting in some professional instructions. And when I'm not able to get to the range, I'm practicing dry fire at home.

It's not beginner's thrill - it's always fun! The key is to not let life get in the way of making time for it. I shot all the time as a kid, both 22LR and archery. Then...life happened - job, house, wife, the usual. I lucked back into shooting BECAUSE of work (here in the People's Republik of Maryland, we need a "good and substantial reason" for a carry permit)...and I realized what I've been missing! It feels good to be back at the range (and in the back yard)!!

Back