testtest

Training Weak Hand Shooting is Important

Always did to an extent. I spent many hours during the pandemic shutdown practicing off hand shooting with laser cartridges. Not the same as live fire but it sure helped tighten things up. I decided that was a goal since I was ordered to stay home, something good would be done.

Since then it's been a strong regular part of practice.

Here is something we all should train and practice for, weak hand shooting, I know personally I don’t do it like I should.

^ Yup.

The possible consequences of everyday-life really is the reason that drives my work of the non-dominant side. I'd written about this core belief of mine, before:

Having the necessary gear helps, too, of-course. :) And this is worth a bit of extra time and investment in preparing, before one actually needs it.

I most embarrassingly broke my dominant wrist this past spring/summer while I was recovering from a broken ankle and leg that I suffered earlier-on in the year. The way my wrist and hand was immobilized (for 12 weeks), there was no way that I would be able to draw or operate my defensive handgun....

20C72613-0EB7-49D5-A6E3-53A09BB7617A.jpeg

The 360PD in a PHLster City Special - boy was I glad I had those. :)

Y'all should have heard my wife yelling at me when she saw how purple and swollen my wrist/thumb was the next day. When I fell (I was actually trying to avoid bumping into her, irony of ironies!), she yelled at me "I know you broke your wrist! I'm a doctor, I know what kind of injury that mechanism causes!" I of-course stupidly insisted that I was fine, but the next day when my lab-mates saw how bad the wrist looked, they just shook their heads in dismay. 😅 I was put on remote work after that...the boss had me on paper-research and writing, until I healed-up.

Last edited:
Back