testtest

Trigger replacement options for the Hellcat?

Bragah

Elite
So my father has the Hellcat (regular not Pro) and he does not like the trigger.

Since you're all well versed in this stuff, I figured I'd ask where he could find a better trigger?

He feels there's too much creep and mush in the stock trigger, so he wants something shorter with a cleaner break.

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated, just trying to help him find something better as he sucks at the interwebs :LOL:

I don’t own a hellcat, but if I am looking to modify a Springfield, my first stop is Powder River precision. I think many on here will attest to their xdm trigger kits which are amazing. I have done two
Myself on my xdm’s. Everyone I have shot with loves them. They do make one for the hellcat, I would assume a similar caliber of craftsmanship would be applied to all their stuff. So that is the one I would put on if I was looking for a trigger kit.

I have a Hellcat Pro. Worst trigger out of the box of any gun I've ever owned. Paid to have a Powder River Precision kit installed. $220 later trigger was somewhat better but still creepy and rough. It's smoothing up with dry fire and rounds down range. I have an Apex kit in a Glock 19 that made more improvement. Supposedly if the stock connector is left in the gun, there is a crisp break instead of a rolling break. I asked the installed for the crisp break but got rolling. Probably won't go back to that shop.

So my father has the Hellcat (regular not Pro) and he does not like the trigger.

Since you're all well versed in this stuff, I figured I'd ask where he could find a better trigger?

He feels there's too much creep and mush in the stock trigger, so he wants something shorter with a cleaner break.

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated, just trying to help him find something better as he sucks at the interwebs :LOL:
i have a MCarbo trigger kit, made a huge difference.

I own an XDM and XDS and love them both. I went to an indoor range and rented a Hellcat Pro. After about 15 or 20 minutes of shooting this, my trigger finger was sore. Anyone else find this or have an issue?
Also does anyone know if you can buy the U-Dot rear sight anywhere? I'd love to install that on my XDS

i have a MCarbo trigger kit, made a huge difference.
I second this. I got the MCarbo as well and am pleased. It’s adjustable and takes away pretty much all the creep. I just got the trigger, but you can get the whole mechanism including springs and striker if you want. I wasn’t TOO displeased with my Hellcat trigger other than the trigger safety was a little sharp and wold irritate my finger after a box or so of ammo. The MCarbo has a nice rounded trigger safety and it’s all metal. I found it to be a. Nice upgrade.

I second this. I got the MCarbo as well and am pleased. It’s adjustable and takes away pretty much all the creep. I just got the trigger, but you can get the whole mechanism including springs and striker if you want. I wasn’t TOO displeased with my Hellcat trigger other than the trigger safety was a little sharp and wold irritate my finger after a box or so of ammo. The MCarbo has a nice rounded trigger safety and it’s all metal. I found it to be a. Nice upgrade.
thanks for the response. wondered if it was just me.

I own an XDM and XDS and love them both. I went to an indoor range and rented a Hellcat Pro. After about 15 or 20 minutes of shooting this, my trigger finger was sore. Anyone else find this or have an issue?
Also does anyone know if you can buy the U-Dot rear sight anywhere? I'd love to install that on my XDS
I too have an XD subcompact. Over the past several years I burned maybe a thousand rounds thru it. Still in excellent condition, very smooth trigger - easy trigger management. Because of my experience with the XD, when I saw the hellcat pro online for $539 with the red dot I jumped at it for the longer barrel and slimmer design. It was a mistake. The trigger is hard and the trigger guard is too close to the trigger and pinches my finger. After two mags I had to stop because my finger gets very sore. Very disappointed!

I too have an XD subcompact. Over the past several years I burned maybe a thousand rounds thru it. Still in excellent condition, very smooth trigger - easy trigger management. Because of my experience with the XD, when I saw the hellcat pro online for $539 with the red dot I jumped at it for the longer barrel and slimmer design. It was a mistake. The trigger is hard and the trigger guard is too close to the trigger and pinches my finger. After two mags I had to stop because my finger gets very sore. Very disappointed!
It's a good idea to try one out at the LGS before buying it on-line if possible.

It's a good idea to try one out at the LGS before buying it on-line if possible.
My bad!! You are right, however, my experience with Springfield autos has always been excellent. But this time, I am guilty of misplaced trust. Never again with Springfield's or any other gun manufacturer.
Buy and shoot (bad) or shoot and buy (good).
I think the elimination of the grip safely (maybe to cut costs) caused this hard trigger for safety's sake.

Back