testtest

Two of the triplets

Sld1959

Hellcat
Just like any two brothers they have different styles. Now if I can just find that third triplet...

20240319_191655.jpg
20240229_112710.jpg

Last edited:
My triplets. L-R, 1) original GI watch made in 1973, issued to me in 1976. This was the good model made of metal, not plastic like the later ones. Served all the way through the Gulf War then crapped out shortly after. 2) The Seiko reproduction. Good watch but stopped last year. And finally 3) a new model which is not a reproduction, just something I got as a workaday replacement. I want to get my original fixed but the only guy who could do it passed away last year. #2, I'll take in to get repaired because I think it will be cost effective. I wear #3 until it crashes and burns and chuck it.

1710895156132.jpeg

My triplets. L-R, 1) original GI watch made in 1973, issued to me in 1976. This was the good model made of metal, not plastic like the later ones. Served all the way through the Gulf War then crapped out shortly after. 2) The Seiko reproduction. Good watch but stopped last year. And finally 3) a new model which is not a reproduction, just something I got as a workaday replacement. I want to get my original fixed but the only guy who could do it passed away last year. #2, I'll take in to get repaired because I think it will be cost effective. I wear #3 until it crashes and burns and chuck it.

View attachment 54384
Nice. Very nice. These two are actually the same watch model with different bezels, there were three bezel options. There is a third black bezel with the serrations of the Pepsi bezel.

Nice. Very nice. These two are actually the same watch model with different bezels, there were three bezel options. There is a third black bezel with the serrations of the Pepsi bezel.
Thanks. The design of the original GI model is both a blessing and a curse. The case is a cast one piece affair, which makes it very durable; however this means to repair it, one has to remove the crystal. There are tools for that, but expertise is hard to find in the local area. I will keep it though and keep searching.

Thanks. The design of the original GI model is both a blessing and a curse. The case is a cast one piece affair, which makes it very durable; however this means to repair it, one has to remove the crystal. There are tools for that, but expertise is hard to find in the local area. I will keep it though and keep searching.
What you have, if you do not know the name, is a monoblock case. Strong, but as you noted a bit problematic for repairs.

Local watch makers are getting rare. Used to be every jewelry store had one.my watch guy of 20 years just retired and none left locally. I have found one in Troy down by Detroit I will give a try. There are several you send the watch to but I am hoping to avoid that.

Good luck finding a good watchmaker.

What you have, if you do not know the name, is a monoblock case. Strong, but as you noted a bit problematic for repairs.

Local watch makers are getting rare. Used to be every jewelry store had one.my watch guy of 20 years just retired and none left locally. I have found one in Troy down by Detroit I will give a try. There are several you send the watch to but I am hoping to avoid that.

Good luck finding a good watchmaker.
Thanks for this info. My situation as far as repairs go is identical to yours. I might have to go to Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Back