testtest

Type of holster you use for EDC

Of course. But I don’t think concealing the Expert is a good goal, lol. It’s pretty huge. The sling definitely makes it accessible though. It will do for now. Until I find a decent OWB holster for it.

Why not buy one from HK ?

MTR Custom Leather Adversary A-3 IWB for my Hellcat OSP with Shield RMSc as well as my M&P 9 Shield with CT LL-801G green laser/light in addition to a Blade Tech Ambi For the Shield 9 (came with the gun) and a Desantis Inside Heat IWB for the Hellcat,. For pocket carry, it's a Desantis Superfly and a Clinger for the Hellcat, a Desantis Nemeisis for the Shield 9, a Sticky Mod 4 for the Shield 9, and a Desantis Pocket Shot for the M&P Bodyguard 380. All of these holsters are well made, comfortable, easily concealed, and have served me well although I don't use the Sticky, Blade Tech, or the Clinger very often. The total cost for all of these holsters was approximately $350 as I caught most of them on special sale.

Last edited:
Why not buy one from HK ?

because that holster sucks, lol

Yup they are interesting. I’m gonna try to convince Detroit H to make me one. I might have to send them a blue gun as model though.

Sometimes you just gotta wait for the one you want. I've waited for a few because I wanted a specific maker.

Sometimes you just gotta wait for the one you want. I've waited for a few because I wanted a specific maker.

That’s true. And sometimes the holster you think you’ll love turns out to not fit quite right. It’s a weird thing.

“Sometimes you just gotta wait for the one you want.“ That’s so sweet. It could be an 80s power ballad lyric. Lol.

Yup they are interesting. I’m gonna try to convince Detroit H to make me one. I might have to send them a blue gun as model though.

The Metro looks pretty nice. It's very similar to the one I had Muddy River Tactical make for my VP9. Hugs the body nice and tight and is very comfortable.

That’s true. And sometimes the holster you think you’ll love turns out to not fit quite right. It’s a weird thing.

“Sometimes you just gotta wait for the one you want.“ That’s so sweet. It could be an 80s power ballad lyric. Lol.

I've been pretty lucky with holsters I guess. Either that or I'm not particularly picky. I may have a drawer full of holsters, but I don't have any two for the same gun.

Are you from Michigan? I ask because I lean heavily toward MIssouri made holsters ( I am from the STL metro area) My two favorite are the aforementioned Muddy Rivers Tactical for OWB and Crossbreed for IWB. With an honorable mention for Clinger Holsters "No Print Wonder" which is a ridiculously comfortable and tight fitting OWB.

The Metro looks pretty nice. It's very similar to the one I had Muddy River Tactical make for my VP9. Hugs the body nice and tight and is very comfortable.

The metro is cool. My fave is probably the 8 mile with the claw. Every gun I’ve tried has pretty much disappeared with that holster. The only thing that could be better are the belt clips... so I change mine out

The metro is cool. My fave is probably the 8 mile with the claw. Every gun I’ve tried has pretty much disappeared with that holster. The only thing that could be better are the belt clips... so I change mine out

That's the main difference I noticed between the Metro and my Muddy River. Those crazy claw clip things. I just don't trust them.

I've been pretty lucky with holsters I guess. Either that or I'm not particularly picky. I may have a drawer full of holsters, but I don't have any two for the same gun.

Are you from Michigan? I ask because I lean heavily toward MIssouri made holsters ( I am from the STL metro area) My two favorite are the aforementioned Muddy Rivers Tactical for OWB and Crossbreed for IWB. With an honorable mention for Clinger Holsters "No Print Wonder" which is a ridiculously comfortable and tight fitting OWB.

Naw I’m in WI at the moment but I try to support the small mom & pop type businesses if they have decent products. As for Detroit, we know they know guns, lol, so I decided to give them a try. My situation is kinda unique in that I’m a female instructor who loves heavy guns. My guns can also be viewed as outdated/old design... but it’s what I like. So holster shopping has been a bit of an experience.

That's the main difference I noticed between the Metro and my Muddy River. Those crazy claw clip things. I just don't trust them.

You mean the speed clips? I’m not sure how those things work.

As for the claw:
Yeah, you can unscrew the claw altogether in about 3 seconds. But I have found that it does pull the butt of the gun into the body. It’s gotta be placed correctly on the holster though. I had a Vedder where the claw was drilled in too low which made it useless.

Then there’s the claw vs the wing discussion. Some prefer one over the other.

You mean the speed clips? I’m not sure how those things work.

As for the claw:
Yeah, you can unscrew the claw altogether in about 3 seconds. But I have found that it does pull the butt of the gun into the body. It’s gotta be placed correctly on the holster though. I had a Vedder where the claw was drilled in too low which made it useless.

Then there’s the claw vs the wing discussion. Some prefer one over the other.

I don't think I meant the claw. I mean those belt clips that look like the just hook on to the bottom of your belt. There are several holsters that employ those. I suppose as long as the belt is good and tight it's no problem, but I prefer actual belt loops.

I don't think I meant the claw. I mean those belt clips that look like the just hook on to the bottom of your belt. There are several holsters that employ those. I suppose as long as the belt is good and tight it's no problem, but I prefer actual belt loops.

Yeah I think those clips are speed clips on the metro. I’ve never had a holster with them. I do like regular belt clips... I get discrete carry ones. They don’t move at all.

Back