testtest

Unanswered Threads

KLGunner

Staff member
Hey y’all there is 5 pages of unanswered threads. I know this drove skynet nutty back several months ago. Hopefully bringing this to light 💡 will get it back in his radar. This forum is striving to keep members engaged in every way possible. So would y’all help me in getting some useful information on these unanswered threads? Thanks everyone you guys are awesome.

Last edited:
Looks like to me they're a mix of informational OPs, and specific questions from individuals.

All appear to have been viewed by alot of members, most of the unanswered threads seem to be from Anni & I.

So the question is is there an archive where informational posts can be cataloged, vs. those others that no one seems to have a comment on?

I've seen members comment on others that they learn about stuff on the informational posts. But if the forum doesn't think they are usefull, or worth keeping (archiving) then the forum should make that decision and let us know.

If they're not useful I'll stop digging up and posting what I think folks may find interesting.

My .02

Last edited:
I guess some of us see this site as not just as one to chat about SA proucts but one to promote the overall shooting sports. To me that includes articles that can help shooters better use and enjoy their SA and other products, as well as become better & safer shooters.

Also, there are a TON of new shooters which may not be aware of the various aspects of the shooting sports. I would think many articles help new folks understand the breadth of the shooting sports.

I would think that the SA hierarchy would agree on those points. Since SA doesn't offer products that are used in various aspects of the shooting universe, informing and encouraging new shooters can only benefit the industry as a whole.

While I have posted articles that have been viewed by many, but not replied to, please let me know if the powers-to-be are going to deleted them. I will likely want to archive them on my end before they're deleted.

My .02.

Last edited:
Just an observation here but ..... It appears the vast majority of those 'not answered' to are mainly informational and neither call for a reply nor are conducive to one. That certainly doesn't make it an unworthy thread. It seems to me the real deciding factor might should be the number of readers of the thread. A greater number of readers would tend to indicate something of high interest and value.

The other type of unanswered thread, and very much in the minority, is typically a poster's question or query regarding something of interest to him/her, but not necessarily of interest to many others, or....... a very complicated issue that not many others will venture into. Even in this case it would seem the number of readers would be a better determining factor of the thread's value to the forum in general.

So I would offer this suggestion: Maybe create a new group or category called "For Information Only" or something similar. And then cull that category every so often based on the number and latest dates of readers activity. Maybe even include a 'thumbs up/thumbs down' selection to indicate the overall value and interest in the subject matter.

That would leave only those few threads consisting of questions that may or may not be of enough interest to the forum members in general to warrant an answer, or a topic so convoluted, controversial or confrontational as to cause no/few answers. I'm thinking these would be so few as to not cause any issues with the forum in general and could be simply 'let go' and/or ignored.

Now I'm not in any way purporting to instruct the forum moderators and/or designers. I'm only offering some simple items learned and proven to work on another forum I co-owned and co-moderated for many years. Unworthy threads are much like 'dead air' time on radio and/or TV and best to be avoided if possible. As an aside, the mods here on this forum do an excellent job as far as I can tell, and not even 'one ol' grouch' among them. ;):)

So, I looked through those, and I’ve seen a great number I’ve “liked” but not commented on...mainly because I didn’t have anything to add; the posts were pretty much eponymous.

Tgat didn’t mean I didn’t take away some good information from many of them; @Annihilator , @Talyn , and others—keep on posting those informative articles; even if it comes to an occasional double post, there’s TONS of great information from you guys; thanks for those.

The thing is, though...like I said, often there’s not much response to be made, besides the “thumbs up” tag.

I guess what I’m asking the mods is: are we expected to say more besides “liking” if we really don’t have anything to add to it?

I guess some of us see this site as not just as one to chat about SA proucts but one to promote the overall shooting sports. To me that includes articles that can help shooters better use and enjoy their SA and other products, as well as become better & safer shooters.

Also, there are a TON of new shooters which may not be aware of the various aspects of the shooting sports. I would think many articles help new folks understand the breadth of the shooting sports.

I would think that the SA hierarchy would agree on those points. Since SA doesn't offer products that are used in various aspects of the shooting universe, informing and encouraging new shooters can only benefit the industry as a whole.

While I have posted articles that have been viewed by many, but not replied to, please let me know if the powers-to-be are going to deleted them. I will likely want to archive them on my end before they're deleted.

My .02.
You are absolutely correct and all the content is wonderful. We greatly appreciate it. This wasn’t a post calling anyone out for number of postings. Also none of the content will be deleted. We are trying to encourage member engagement as much as possible. This is also why we ask that posters briefly talk about their takeaway of the articles or links they post. We want as much member involvement as possible of both founding members and alphas. @Annihilator & @Talyn you guys are awesome with the links y’all post so please don’t take this as us calling y’all out for the number unanswered. We just want to encourage involvement.

If a forum like this doesn't have the engagement of members, it will not be of much interest to somebody who "happens by" or decides to join then thinks it is stagnant. At least that is my thinking. Because of that thinking, I attempt to add a comment here and there, even though my comments may not add much to the discussion. I like the links, and usually read them if I haven't already. Keep it up!

You are absolutely correct and all the content is wonderful. We greatly appreciate it. This wasn’t a post calling anyone out for number of postings. Also none of the content will be deleted. We are trying to encourage member engagement as much as possible. This is also why we ask that posters briefly talk about their takeaway of the articles or links they post. We want as much member involvement as possible of both founding members and alphas. @Annihilator & @Talyn you guys are awesome with the links y’all post so please don’t take this as us calling y’all out for the number unanswered. We just want to encourage involvement.
KL, I didn’t take that way, I was just saying if you guys want to get rid of mine, no problem, some threads just don’t get read, or they get missed with so many posts on this forum, sometimes it’s hard to keep up with all the threads, no problems here sir.

Back