testtest

Understanding Auto-5 Friction Ring Orientation

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The iconic Browning Auto-5, or Remington Model 11 (a licensed copy of the Auto-5), the Auto-5 operating system (different from the modern A5) is a long recoiling action and must be properly adjusted for different load power levels.

Understanding the Browning Auto-5 Friction Ring Orientation

IMG_6552-660x371.png

Last edited:
The iconic Browning Auto-5, or Remington Model 11 (a licensed copy of the Auto-5), the Auto-5 operating system (different from the modern A5) is a long recoiling action and must be properly adjusted for different load power levels.

Understanding the Browning Auto-5 Friction Ring Orientation

IMG_6552-660x371.png
Thanks for info Talyn,
Pretty involved and interesting on the Browning auto-5. Had heard of them before, but not experienced or seen one in more detail.

Not
Thanks for info Talyn,
Pretty involved and interesting on the Browning auto-5. Had heard of them before, but not experienced or seen one in more detail.

Not too difficult.

Just take off the forearm, then the barrel and switch/or make sure the friction ring is in the proper position.

Thanks Talyn. Buddy of mine just asked me about this yesterday He tried shooting skeet with his A-5 and has problems with it. Hopefully this article will help him out. :)

Good post. I own a 12 gauge Model 11, purchased new by my Grandfather. Early run: 3 digit serial number. Astounding how soft-shooting it is. Another diamond in J.M.B.'s crown!

My best friends favorite shotgun was a Remington 11 with one of the factory polychokes on it. Fairly hard to find setup. He took a ton of birds with it. Miss those long afternoons bird hunting with him. We used to have contests see who could empty the shotgun faster, I always was running my pump action. I won a fair share of the time too against his Winchester auto, never against that M11, that was just do soft shooting and fast.

Thanks Talyn! My dad bought an A5 brand new back in the early 1950’s. I remember him talking about this.
I also have my Dad;s early 50's 12 ga A5. He had a poly choke installed on it, and while it worked it wasn't original so a few years ago I found a new 50's. Belgian Browning 26" vent-rib Mod choke barrel and put it on to make it look proper. Put the poly choked barrel in storage.

Back