testtest

up to date manuals

For those who reload and may have manuals from very early in their reloading days, do you still have and only use that data? Nothing wrong with it, but do you buy the newest version? Looking for a powder change or the newer less carbon producing for fouling? I compare newer with the older versions and sometimes there is a big powder change of .5gr or more at times. This could be due too differences in volume and slightly burn rate change! Different lot numbers as an experienced reloaders check (maybe more for rifle than pistol) especially when at the top of max pressure! For about the 1st 20 years of my reloading days I've never checked lot numbers or compared volume differences (if any) when reloading for 270win or 264wm. The 270win wasn't near max pressures, but the 264wm (according to Sierra #5) I'm at .5gr over max. No over pressure signs, so that's good. I've been passing on my 1 year older versions to other reloaders. In fact I've passed on to 5 other people my older manuals and now there is 1 member on here that I've not sent yet. Sorry for my delay, but it will be coming your way!

For those who reload and may have manuals from very early in their reloading days, do you still have and only use that data? Nothing wrong with it, but do you buy the newest version? Looking for a powder change or the newer less carbon producing for fouling? I compare newer with the older versions and sometimes there is a big powder change of .5gr or more at times. This could be due too differences in volume and slightly burn rate change! Different lot numbers as an experienced reloaders check (maybe more for rifle than pistol) especially when at the top of max pressure! For about the 1st 20 years of my reloading days I've never checked lot numbers or compared volume differences (if any) when reloading for 270win or 264wm. The 270win wasn't near max pressures, but the 264wm (according to Sierra #5) I'm at .5gr over max. No over pressure signs, so that's good. I've been passing on my 1 year older versions to other reloaders. In fact I've passed on to 5 other people my older manuals and now there is 1 member on here that I've not sent yet. Sorry for my delay, but it will be coming your way!
i still only have the 50th edition of the Lyman. everytime i try to find say a Speer or Hornady, or a Lee, they are sold out.

but i am new at this, so i can check websites of the manufacturers as well.

i still only have the 50th edition of the Lyman. everytime i try to find say a Speer or Hornady, or a Lee, they are sold out.

but i am new at this, so i can check websites of the manufacturers as well.
With having a Speer manual and checking data online (Speer) some of their data isn't the same or no data posted for a particular bullet/cartridge.

I like the Lyman #50 manual; they test many calibers with a universal receiver and actually show test pressure.
Lyman also shows more loads for cast bullets cast bullets.
I look at the Hodgdon info online often. Now that they sell the Hodgdon, IMR, Accurate, Ramshot and Winchester powders. They also show actual pressures.

Hornady, Sierra, Nosler and Speer don't show actual pressure.
I have 2 Lyman Manuals, #45, #50, 3 Hornady, 3 Speer, 2 Sierra, 1 Hodgdon and 3 Nosler.
I also have some older Dupont, Winchester, and Hodgdon powder reloading "guides" somewhere.

The older Speer manuals had light load info for 38 Special Wadcutters specific to the S&W Model 52 target pistol.
I miss that gun!

well, this morning, i just picked up a sample of 45 ACP, 230 gr, RN cast bullets, from the guy i buy my reloads from. so, at least i'll have some specs to cross reference in that Lyman

i tried last night to locate another couple of manuals, but they are still back ordered.

Back