testtest

Using Recoil to your Advantage

I really like it that he's using the recoil to assist in immediately racking the action.....

....But I really don't like how much he's riding that recoil: the distance (and time) with which that shot moves off-target looks tremendous, compared to Rob Haught's push-pull technique.

Getting that next round into the chamber is definitely important, but it shouldn't be at the expense of recoil mitigation (and no, the push-pull does not impede the ability to rack the action).

I've always tried various ways too make myself proficient in a style that works for me. When I started using pump action, that was one I picked up quickly on. My stance is different, but it works for me. Being still or being on the move changes it a bit to be accurate. You don't always have time for a rhythm that could slow you down?

Push/pull with a pump. The instant your action is free ( which is the instant the trigger is pulled) your hand should be en route to the rear.
If you have switched to an autoloader for a SD shotgun you should not stop training with your pump, you should be training with both.

Back