testtest

Using Suppressors for Home Defense

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
A suppressor on a home defense firearm is an interesting tactical choice to make. There are some clear benefits to the idea, but also some tricky downsides to think through and overcome. Suppressors are valuable tools to preserve your hearing and maintain your situational awareness. They are not the tools of assassins and certainly not whisper quiet.

1695425454519.png

A suppressor on a home defense firearm is an interesting tactical choice to make. There are some clear benefits to the idea, but also some tricky downsides to think through and overcome. Suppressors are valuable tools to preserve your hearing and maintain your situational awareness. They are not the tools of assassins and certainly not whisper quiet.

View attachment 44021
A can on a home defense weapon is a no from me... I need a home defense weapon to be easy and we usually do not train with Cans. Also don't need the extra length or weight. Not sure the numbers of us who have or will ever have to fire a weapon in our homes for defense, but I imagine it is low...
A gun with a Can prob wont fit in your box/safe etc, if you use those.
As far as hearing goes, I don't care one bit... God forbid any of us ever need to use a weapon in our home for personal or family defense, but if we do, that one time, we will not care about hearing. Again, I love Cans, but most folks do not train regularly with a Can on their weapon, and how you train is how you need to be ready.

Back