testtest

Video: Top 5 Big Caliber Guns

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
Out of this rifle list, I have a Ruger Precision Rifle .338 Lapua, and the Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Rifle. I am thinking of also getting the RPR in .300 Win Mag (I was going back and forth between it and the .338 Lapua, but saw the .338 on sale and bought it. The .300 will have to wait, but is on the list :sneaky:).

Out of this rifle list, I have a Ruger Precision Rifle .338 Lapua, and the Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Rifle. I am thinking of also getting the RPR in .300 Win Mag (I was going back and forth between it and the .338 Lapua, but saw the .338 on sale and bought it. The .300 will have to wait, but is on the list :sneaky:).

KL has the 6.5 in the rpr. 26" barrel in the 338 rpr?

What's your take on the RPR .338LM? Is it a 1 MOA or less rifle? It's number 3 on my list, meaning I'll have it by June as long as the supply chain does it's part.

The sbl has a black version(bsbl or sblb?)? This isn't the regular black with the threaded barrel. The only disappointment is the checkering was brown and not colored after it was checkered. Easy fix, I stained it black! Don't look for ammo any time soon for the 338? Nice call though!

What's your take on the RPR .338LM? Is it a 1 MOA or less rifle? It's number 3 on my list, meaning I'll have it by June as long as the supply chain does it's part.
Can't really say benstt. I'm waiting to install a NightForce scope, Atlas Bi-pods and a Mono pod, so I haven't yet fired it. It got good reviews, but my problem is that the range I belong to, only goes out to 200 yards maximum (will hardly do it justice). It's a beautiful rifle that came with a large break on it & will look better with scope bi-pod, etc all installed. I actually went to this gun store to pickup a SA XD Mod2 in .45, and saw this in the rack on sale (I just had to buy it :sneaky:). My problem is I keep venturing out to buy guns and haven't spent enough time getting several of my firearms range ready :cautious:. I'm sure you be pleased when you're able to purchase your & good luck with it.

The sbl has a black version(bsbl or sblb?)? This isn't the regular black with the threaded barrel. The only disappointment is the checkering was brown and not colored after it was checkered. Easy fix, I stained it black! Don't look for ammo any time soon for the 338? Nice call though!
I was fortunate and bought 2 boxes before all this shite happened. At that time, 20 rounds were $80+ a box. A LGS buddy showed me a website that was charging 3x that recently. I don't know if all sites were that expensive, and no I currently don't reload but plan to look into that when those supply demands come back to earth.

I was fortunate and bought 2 boxes before all this shite happened. At that time, 20 rounds were $80+ a box. A LGS buddy showed me a website that was charging 3x that recently. I don't know if all sites were that expensive, and no I currently don't reload but plan to look into that when those supply demands come back to earth.
Yay for handloading. Thank goodness I have a ton of powder and primers.

Can't really say benstt. I'm waiting to install a NightForce scope, Atlas Bi-pods and a Mono pod, so I haven't yet fired it. It got good reviews, but my problem is that the range I belong to, only goes out to 200 yards maximum (will hardly do it justice). It's a beautiful rifle that came with a large break on it & will look better with scope bi-pod, etc all installed. I actually went to this gun store to pickup a SA XD Mod2 in .45, and saw this in the rack on sale (I just had to buy it :sneaky:). My problem is I keep venturing out to buy guns and haven't spent enough time getting several of my firearms range ready :cautious:. I'm sure you be pleased when you're able to purchase your & good luck with it.
Thankfully I have a 1250yd range a couple hours away. My normal range only goes to 500, which as you say doesn't do a .338LM justice. I don't use much more than a .308 or 30.06 at 500. I bet when you cloverleaf five .338 holes you'll love that rifle.

Thankfully I have a 1250yd range a couple hours away. My normal range only goes to 500, which as you say doesn't do a .338LM justice. I don't use much more than a .308 or 30.06 at 500. I bet when you cloverleaf five .338 holes you'll love that rifle.
Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to like it benstt, as I like the powerful calibers. You're sure fortunate to have a range that goes 500 yards close to you (I'd even take that). Pa. does have a 1600 yard range, but it's further west in the State, probably at least 4-5 hours from me one way.

Yeah, I'm sure I'm going to like it benstt, as I like the powerful calibers. You're sure fortunate to have a range that goes 500 yards close to you (I'd even take that). Pa. does have a 1600 yard range, but it's further west in the State, probably at least 4-5 hours from me one way.
That's worth a day trip. Shoot a couple hours, then grill and have a few beers with friends, then head back once you know you're sober. That's a damn good day to me.

That's worth a day trip. Shoot a couple hours, then grill and have a few beers with friends, then head back once you know you're sober. That's a damn good day to me.
Well I may just do that one of these days. I don't drink alcohol anymore, nor take any illegal substance, so I'm always sober. :)

Well I may just do that one of these days. I don't drink alcohol anymore, nor take any illegal substance, so I'm always sober. :)
Good call. 2020 has been a pickled year for me, thanks COVID. 2021 is the year in decrease ETOH intake by 95%.

I've heard great things about the Savages, but I handled a RPR and it just felt right. There's no accounting for personal taste.
I've heard great things about the rpr also! Hope it's a good 1 for you! I totally understand about the feel part! No denial in that category!

Good call. 2020 has been a pickled year for me, thanks COVID. 2021 is the year in decrease ETOH intake by 95%.
Good luck. I figured if I could make it through this year, I can forgo any need for imbibing whatsoever.

Back