testtest

Wait time for a new Saint Victor AR Pistol??

Mark P

Alpha
Anyone else having issues waiting on their firearm from Springfield? I ordered a Saint Victor AR Pistol, through GT Distributors in Austin, TX, about 8 weeks ago and was just told to wait to hear back from them. I know wait times for firearms has been longer due to the "Rona" but this is my first Springfield so I'm not too sure what the "normal" wait time would be.

I will say this as a blanket statement:

all industries have massive delays. I’m in beverage. Aluminum, cans, glass, wheat, hops, you name it, its delayed. Same with materials for firearms. I have beverage orders cancelled daily due to lack of ability to get us

folks have to remember 1 thing:
Covid rules vary from country to country and state to state. Lots of industries are working at 25% workforce. Some industries had to close plants altogether.

you can throw any ETA’s out the window. Its not Springfield's fault the metal goods are delayed. Its not the gun stores fault the Springfield order is delayed.

all industries have massive delays. I’m in beverage. Aluminum, cans, glass, wheat, hops, you name it, its delayed. Same with materials for firearms. I have beverage orders cancelled daily due to lack of ability to get us

Covid rules vary from country to country and state to state. Lots of industries are working at 25% workforce. Some industries had to close plants altogether.

you can throw any ETA’s out the window. Its not Springfield's fault the metal goods are delayed. Its not the gun stores fault the Springfield order is delayed.
I agree on the reason(s) for delays. Time for industries/businesses, especially ones located in this nation, to open up and get back to what they do.

Anyone else having issues waiting on their firearm from Springfield? I ordered a Saint Victor AR Pistol, through GT Distributors in Austin, TX, about 8 weeks ago and was just told to wait to hear back from them. I know wait times for firearms has been longer due to the "Rona" but this is my first Springfield so I'm not too sure what the "normal" wait time would be.
I don't think it matters what firearm manufacture one orders a firearm from. Case in point: I just ordered from my LGS two Smith & Wessons. A Performance Center 10.5 bbl 500 Magnum revolver and a M&P M2.0 .45 Sub Compact (I already own the same in 9mm & 40, so I wanted to complete the set :sneaky:). I was told by the Sales person, "Expect to wait between 4-6 months at the earliest" I'm in no hurry, so I'll wait patiently. I've been somewhat searching at gun show & stores for the 45 for 2 years, and the 500 just recently. So far no luck on either, so I ordered and didn't have to deposit any money.
So as others have said @Mark P , it can come in a few days, or several more weeks/months. It also depends how large the distributor your order is placed through, as larger ones get models more readily. In anycase, Good Luck.

So... I called SA 2 weeks ago to inquire about the availability of firearms shown in their NRA instructor catalog. I was told by the lead rep that there is currently a 4 month wait on all SA Firearms if the new order is ordered directly from SA.

Basically, if you need the item sooner than that, then you need to 1) either find one currently in stock or 2) find a dealer who already has an existing order with items not spoken for... their items could literally show up on their doorstep anytime from SA. I did this and literally, my SA firearm showed up within a week once I found a dealer with an existing order.

I have a Saint Edge Pistol on back order from my LGS. They ordered direct from Springfield and have had SA product trickling in. This was early July. I emailed SA customer service at the end of July inquiring about back ordered wait times and got a quick, professional reply from Angie. She said (on July 30th) - "We have been quoting up to 90 days." Hoping...fingers crossed...to have my hands on it in the next 2-3 weeks. From the post above, it sounds like demand is pushing that back to 4 months. glad I ordered in July.

Pandemic, social unrest, influx of new firearms owners, combined with uncertain election year - this has to be the highest demand/lowest supply firearms market that I am aware of historically in the U.S. Crazy times.

I have a Saint Edge Pistol on back order from my LGS. They ordered direct from Springfield and have had SA product trickling in. This was early July. I emailed SA customer service at the end of July inquiring about back ordered wait times and got a quick, professional reply from Angie. She said (on July 30th) - "We have been quoting up to 90 days." Hoping...fingers crossed...to have my hands on it in the next 2-3 weeks. From the post above, it sounds like demand is pushing that back to 4 months. glad I ordered in July.

Pandemic, social unrest, influx of new firearms owners, combined with uncertain election year - this has to be the highest demand/lowest supply firearms market that I am aware of historically in the U.S. Crazy times.

Yes, it’s strange times. I was one of those gun owners who said that I’d never buy an AR.

Then 2020 happened.

And I realized that I needed an AR.

I am fortunate that I was able to find both a new AR and some ammo for it. I almost waited too long.

Hey man, curious if you’ve received that Saint Edge yet? I ordered one in July as well, and I’m still waiting (Jan 19th). I’m getting to the point where I don’t know if I want to wait much longer, although I’ve waited this long already.

Hey man, curious if you’ve received that Saint Edge yet? I ordered one in July as well, and I’m still waiting (Jan 19th). I’m getting to the point where I don’t know if I want to wait much longer, although I’ve waited this long already.

Yes. My LGS got it in for me Friday 1/15/21 and I picked it up Saturday. for me it was just over an 8 month wait - requested 5/11/20. Not sure if the one they finally got for me came direct from SA or one of their distributors. I think you should get it - soon. Another person posted they ordered one in August and it should be in later this week. I think a large group of SA AR's are hitting now.

Yes. My LGS got it in for me Friday 1/15/21 and I picked it up Saturday. for me it was just over an 8 month wait - requested 5/11/20. Not sure if the one they finally got for me came direct from SA or one of their distributors. I think you should get it - soon. Another person posted they ordered one in August and it should be in later this week. I think a large group of SA AR's are hitting now.

That really is music to my ears. I was starting to get worried, especially with the potential of anti-gun laws that may be coming up. I guess I’ll keep waiting. “Love is patient” 😂 Thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear you got your Saint... I ordered an AR from Springfield in June 2020... haven't seen it yet, may 20, 2021. Getting pretty discouraged to say the least.

Yes, it’s strange times. I was one of those gun owners who said that I’d never buy an AR.

Then 2020 happened.

And I realized that I needed an AR.

I am fortunate that I was able to find both a new AR and some ammo for it. I almost waited too long.
I did the same thing.

Per the topic, I have ordered a bunch of stuff lately. If it's in stock I'm getting it in a couple days. I wouldn't preorder anything from anybody.

(y)(y) Very well explained and said!

I ordered a P320 X5 Legion from GT in Austin, TX early February and have not heard a peep about it since. That's just the way things are right now. Long waits, everything is delayed.

Glad to hear you got your Saint... I ordered an AR from Springfield in June 2020... haven't seen it yet, may 20, 2021. Getting pretty discouraged to say the least.
Hang in there man. I finally got my edge after 8 months. I was getting discouraged too and almost went to my LGS to get my money back. Definitely worth the wait.

Back