testtest

Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottJ

Professional
Founding Member
We always see posts about "carry" stuff, so thought I'd toss-in one about the wallets carried by folks. This is the ID variation from Blackhawk! that I've been carrying for probably 11-12 years now. Originally bought it for a family trip to Disney to carry credit cards, cash, and Disney tickets in. Fits in the back pocket of just about every pr of pants or shorts I wear, plus I stash it in a chest pocket of my pfd when kayaking. After all these yrs the plastic window is still soft and pliable, and not yellowed (the pics don't do it justice).

Three slots, with the back one being deep enough to stow paper money flat. The hook & loop flap closes over all 3 compartments, and after these yrs it still stays securely closed. I stow the neck lanyard in the bottom of this slot when not using it. Basically, the only thing that shows signs of wear is the Blackhawk! logo patch sewn-on the closure flap.
(Disregard the shoddy, dim, cell phone photography)
20200124_080444.jpg
20200124_080405.jpg
20200124_080325.jpg
20200124_080244.jpg
20200124_080210.jpg

Last edited:
My mom used to love to buy me wallets, really spendy leather ones, but I went through them on a twice-a-year basis, almost.

The entire thing just eventually fell apart under the duress of what I considered light ("white collar") daily use. The last wallet I purchased was a Spec-Ops brand "The Wallet, Jr." (https://specops.us/wallet-jr-bk.html)....in 2008. I know because I got curious from writing this reply and searched it in my old emails, and I have the receipt from TAD Gear for it, along with the first of my Gen1 Nemesis Ti-Cards (I lost that one somewhere a few years later, and decided to replace it pretty quickly as the "Strider-flamed" Blackwood would get side-eyes from the sheeple when I used it).

Cosmetically, it's seen better days, but as with your Blackhawk! of the same vintage, even the plastic ID viewing panels remain readily readable. Aipper pulls are still intact and zipper tracks aligned, and there's absolutely no wear from the card-tool that I carry.

I literally carry this wallet EVERY SINGLE DAY, even though it does look kinda out-of-place coming out of a suit pocket when I'm forced to wear adult clothing.
:lol:

I even have a titanium A/B Cache in the zippered interior pocket, holding meds.

For those looking for a durable wallet, I whole-heartedly recommend it. The "Shark-Bite" closure works awesomely.

I carry a wallet with a lot of nothing in it. All the good stuff is on the back of my phone or in a pocket of it's own (cash). I will gladly give you the wallet full of fake credit cards and business cards if you hold me up. Well how about that, I did learn something in Memphis.

I carry a wallet with a lot of nothing in it. All the good stuff is on the back of my phone or in a pocket of it's own (cash). I will gladly give you the wallet full of fake credit cards and business cards if you hold me up. Well how about that, I did learn something in Memphis.
That's a cool idea carrying a decoy wallet. 👍

Here is my trusty 15+ year old tri fold wallet. Has a snap belt loop with chain to hook keys and such.
Never been lost or left someplace. Available at all truck stops.
Wallet.jpg

My wallet goes in my sock,like it did while in the Marines.
Yep, during my Navy days, wallet in one sock (while in uniform), pack of cigs in the other. (Note: quit smoking 8 yrs ago today :) ).

As mentioned by TEXASforLife, also did the wallet in front pocket, when in civvies and overseas roaming the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back