testtest

Walter ppk

I enjoy owning both original PP and PPK. Do I enjoy shooting them? Not particularly. As far as shooting is concerned, I consider them inferior to similarly sized Llama and Beretta small automatics.

Is the PPK still a good carry gun? That's kinda like asking if a 1929 Model A Ford with typical '50 hot rod modifications is still a good daily driver. Short answer: NO.

1709830308920.jpeg

My Walther PPK was my very first handgun. My husband bought it for me because it felt like a part of my hand. I have never had any issues shooting it, but is a real bugger for me to rack the slide, and I am not a weakling (or so I thought 😒). I don’t carry it mainly for that reason, but it’s fun to shoot.

I love the PPK but I think there are many better choices in the 21st Century. I've wanted a PPK (not a PPK/S) forever, but the shine came off that penny when a good friend got one and I was able to spend some time with it. The gun was a newer model with the extended tang which did alleviate slide bite. However I got a nice little bruise where it impacted the web of my hand over the hundred or so rounds I fired. I also felt the recoil, while manageable, was a little stiff for a pistol this heavy (24 oz:oops:). My Glock 26 is a about the same size, a bit chunkier, but fully loaded weighs 26 oz...and holds five more rounds of 9mm. The PPK is definitely sexy, but if I need an ultra concealable .380, I'll stick with my LCP.

img_20240307_152554130-jpg.53560

I'm not actually a fan of mouse guns, and I doubt I'd pay the money for a PPK. But I am a fan of the Bersa FireStorm. It's been a keeper and very accurate at 70'. The mini 1911s are mediocre as a comparison.
The Bersa Thunder is a closer copy of the PPK.

Mt first centerfire pistol was a West German PPK/S in .380. Bought it in 1970 new for $125. Shot the dickens out of it (5/6 boxes each week for almost two years with zero issues). Cop buddy wanted it bad and he finally coughed up $175 for it, so I thought I’d made out and sold it to him. Wish I’d kept it😏

Back