testtest

Warrantee language question

jaypug

Alpha
Why does the warrantee for the Ronin 9mm specifically exclude coverage for:
"hand-loaded, reloaded, remanufactured, or defective ammunition"?
I suspect listing defective ammunition covers the issue related to damage that can be done to the firearm and the other discriptives are unwarranted and unneeded.

Do you know the logic behind it?
I don't see it.
As long as it's logical to them it doesn't mean it's logical at all. If you have an at top pressure cartridge for 1 of your guns you've shot for a while, then decide to use it in this particular gun and it goes kaboom. Then don't complain it has a warranty they won't honor. That's their logic. Also if cartridge is out of sammi specs for some reason. They'll play the saf side and protect their interest according to the lawyers.

I shot my handloads (44mag) in a DE that I've been shooting in a 629 that are hot and surprised it didn't blow up. I also had some way over pressured 357sig ammo (my handloads) that we're fine IF a muzzlebrake was attached. When removed that slide moved very dangerously. I made notation on the box.

E3E8CCAA-86DA-4C85-A0AB-CB482514BCE9.jpeg

Because there is always the moron who decides to double powder load a cartridge just for the hell of it. And defective ammunition included because it might be loaded completely to specs but have a defective case or other component.

It's called cya by covering everything they can come up with, because of the litigious society we find ourselves living in.

Because there is always the moron who decides to double powder load a cartridge just for the hell of it. And defective ammunition included because it might be loaded completely to specs but have a defective case or other component.

It's called cya by covering everything they can come up with, because of the litigious society we find ourselves living in.
a buddy of mine from the range, had a new RIA, 22 caliber magnum 1911.....

he loaded it with the magnums it shoots, all new of course. (i do not know the brand)

one round, blew out the magazine, and destroyed it, but the gun survived.

i got the same gun......

i buy CCi WMR magnum 22's

so yes, even brand new can mess you up.

Thanks for the replies.
as a retired engineer and a reloader of low to mid power cartridges I never thought of the "cowboys" out there and the creative ways they find to damage a weapon.
i only just started reloading myself a couple of weeks ago. i have mentioned in my thread, that i'd like to "stay" at the starting charge, as i only target practice for self defense.

also too, the powder will go a long(er) way, rather than to have to buy it more frequently, with full loads.

i only just started reloading myself a couple of weeks ago. i have mentioned in my thread, that i'd like to "stay" at the starting charge, as i only target practice for self defense.

also too, the powder will go a long(er) way, rather than to have to buy it more frequently, with full loads.
I always start at the low end of the recipes and test with my gun to ensure proper function. Sometimes I need to go towards the middle of the range to prevent cycling issues, but if it runs well at low power, that's where I stay. My reloads are only for the range and carry ammo is purchased and defensive.

Think of the problem from Springfield's perspective....why should SA be responsible for their firearm exploding when firing a round made by Federal (or ANY ammo manufacturer) that was double (or more) loaded with powder (manufacturing defect) and caused a malfunction, injury or worse? SA had nothing to do with that....

I agree, but saying defective ammo covers it all and adding descriptors like reloaded, remanufactured ... is not needed.
The implication is even if the ammo you use is fine and caused no issues, the mere fact it falls under the additional categories voids the warrantee.

I suspect listing defective ammunition covers the issue related to damage that can be done to the firearm and the other discriptives are unwarranted and unneeded.
Maybe it's because you have a warrantee instead of a warranty :LOL:

If there is a catastrophic incident with the ammunition, it is usually a bad lot, an obstruction that does not belong in the firearm, or poor handling of the firearm. When the ammunition is the issue, it will be a he said she said issue and the ammunition manufacturer will hardly admit fault and pay for damages. As far as Springfield Armory is concerned, I can speak with experience that their customer service is great and they do warranty their firearms. In the case with your Ronin 9mm and any other firearm, as long as you are utilizing SAAMI rated ammunition, clean your weapon, and practice safe firearm handling procedures, you will most likely never have an issue.

If there is a catastrophic incident with the ammunition, it is usually a bad lot, an obstruction that does not belong in the firearm, or poor handling of the firearm. When the ammunition is the issue, it will be a he said she said issue and the ammunition manufacturer will hardly admit fault and pay for damages. As far as Springfield Armory is concerned, I can speak with experience that their customer service is great and they do warranty their firearms. In the case with your Ronin 9mm and any other firearm, as long as you are utilizing SAAMI rated ammunition, clean your weapon, and practice safe firearm handling procedures, you will most likely never have an issue.
A commonsense reply and probably on the mark...:)

Back