testtest

Warren; One Hole Range Report

toxophilus

Operator
I've been itching to get outside to test out these Warren rear aperture sights... finally, it was nice enough to get out and play!

Started out with the 7/32 rear sight on the Single-Six 5.5" barrel and the 9/32 on the Gov't 6 7/8" barrel. Initial sight in was done at 20 yards.

Both were easy to get used to, though I had to bottom out my elevation on both firearms; I use the fiber optic sight to either center on what I want to hit or just hold right under my point of impact. These fiber optic sights work well for my aging eyes!

At first I had trouble seeing my impacts with the 5.5" barrel due to the smaller 7/32 & shorter radius combo, especially when I moved back to 43 yards.

I eventually switched/swapped them at the range and put the 9/32 on the shorter radius 5.5" Single-Six and the Gov't now wears the 7/32 rear aperture.

Most of the .22 ammo was Federal bulk pack though I tried some Blazer and Norma TAC-22 as well. I was pleased that there were no malfunctions in the auto-loader but then I didn't expect there to be except for one stove-pipe (approx 500 rounds today & no mis-fires).

I was easily able to clean the berm of offending pieces of clay pigeons & made some 12 gauge shot hulls dance :love:

SSixOneHole.jpg

GovtOneHole.jpg

SSGovtSteel.jpg

SSGovtHolsteredA.jpg

SSGovtHolsteredB.jpg

I've been itching to get outside to test out these Warren rear aperture sights... finally, it was nice enough to get out and play!

Started out with the 7/32 rear sight on the Single-Six 5.5" barrel and the 9/32 on the Gov't 6 7/8" barrel. Initial sight in was done at 20 yards.

Both were easy to get used to, though I had to bottom out my elevation on both firearms; I use the fiber optic sight to either center on what I want to hit or just hold right under my point of impact. These fiber optic sights work well for my aging eyes!

At first I had trouble seeing my impacts with the 5.5" barrel due to the smaller 7/32 & shorter radius combo, especially when I moved back to 43 yards.

I eventually switched/swapped them at the range and put the 9/32 on the shorter radius 5.5" Single-Six and the Gov't now wears the 7/32 rear aperture.

Most of the .22 ammo was Federal bulk pack though I tried some Blazer and Norma TAC-22 as well. I was pleased that there were no malfunctions in the auto-loader but then I didn't expect there to be except for one stove-pipe (approx 500 rounds today & no mis-fires).

I was easily able to clean the berm of offending pieces of clay pigeons & made some 12 gauge shot hulls dance :love:

SSixOneHole.jpg

GovtOneHole.jpg

SSGovtSteel.jpg

SSGovtHolsteredA.jpg

SSGovtHolsteredB.jpg
Nice Ruger’s!

Back