testtest

was there any doubt this would happen?

I hope to see S&W stand their legal ground rather than settling with the 60/40 Pers Inj attys with or without taking any blame for the actions of an angry, depraved nutjob. I’m sure there will be more defendants than solely S&W, with the weak political stature of posh Highland Park will be first to rollover.

The lawyers are merely seeking a hefty out of court settlement rather than trying to argue the merits of their lawsuit in a lengthy and expensive trial, Similarly, a settlement was reached with Remington. I’ve yet to see anything were S&W had promoted or had marketing plans to target sales solely to to suicidal manics, diagnosed or not.

Lawsuits seeking quick settlement are typical for deep pocket sources, tossed out before ever getting on a docket is a possibility depending on what exactly the plaintiffs argument is. This however will be shopped around for a sympathetic judge, as is always the case when in IL, judges are Party aligned and campaign donation accepting, elected politicians with activism agendas.

Tort reform will never come to Illinois, neither will lawsuits against the elected that are sole responsible for allowing all the violent criminals to be repeatedly released to commit the same or worse crimes again and again while awaiting prior violent transgressions.

If S&W didn’t have a pot to **** in, this would not even be a story.

Chicago‘s monthly violence totals so far is 2,769 shot and 542 murders. Nobody getting sued unless they’re the city/police - doing their job, even the city will turn their back and award settlements, and then allow no stipulations to exclude individual punitive damages.

Yet more proof that this isn't about "gun control", it is all about money and control. Russia, having even stricter gun laws, still had a "mass shooting". Evil is evil, and evil will find a way to commit evil. Period. I think the gun manufacturers need to counter sue the cities and states and their law enforcement where these shootings occured, since they didn't prevent these losers from getting guns. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. They failed to enforce their own strict "commonsense" gun laws.

I hope to see S&W stand their legal ground rather than settling with the 60/40 Pers Inj attys with or without taking any blame for the actions of an angry, depraved nutjob. I’m sure there will be more defendants than solely S&W, with the weak political stature of posh Highland Park will be first to rollover.

The lawyers are merely seeking a hefty out of court settlement rather than trying to argue the merits of their lawsuit in a lengthy and expensive trial, Similarly, a settlement was reached with Remington. I’ve yet to see anything were S&W had promoted or had marketing plans to target sales solely to to suicidal manics, diagnosed or not.

Lawsuits seeking quick settlement are typical for deep pocket sources, tossed out before ever getting on a docket is a possibility depending on what exactly the plaintiffs argument is. This however will be shopped around for a sympathetic judge, as is always the case when in IL, judges are Party aligned and campaign donation accepting, elected politicians with activism agendas.

Tort reform will never come to Illinois, neither will lawsuits against the elected that are sole responsible for allowing all the violent criminals to be repeatedly released to commit the same or worse crimes again and again while awaiting prior violent transgressions.

If S&W didn’t have a pot to **** in, this would not even be a story.

Chicago‘s monthly violence totals so far is 2,769 shot and 542 murders. Nobody getting sued unless they’re the city/police - doing their job, even the city will turn their back and award settlements, and then allow no stipulations to exclude individual punitive damages.
either way, eventually, every gun maker will be sued for one shooting or another.

i suspect that someday (if it ain't already happened) a gun maker will be sued for someone that was shooting his/her gun at a range, and got hurt, or committed suicide.......

What needs to happen is when people sue manufacturers over misuse of their products, under whatever BS guise, and then lose, they should have to pay the manufacturer whatever amount it is they were suing for.

In regards to lawsuit mitigation it’s all about the setting of a precedent and unfortunately the insurance company for Remington set that by settling the lawsuit regarding Sandy Hook. The door has now been opened for what will be uneducated attorneys who know nothing about firearms to jump on the bandwagon and file frivolous lawsuits.
Every firearm manufacturer has a highly specialized attorney on retainer that goes to bat against these types of lawsuits, it’s also all about the current cultural climate and as we all know and talk about it’s all about gun control which has many believing that although firearm manufacturers have no control whatsoever of what/how their products are used for they should still be held responsible just because they designed and manufactured it.

In regards to injuries to shooters when the firearm has a catastrophic failure or uses a firearm to commit suicide that is a different circumstance and situation and although law enforcement will get involved again the attorneys for manufacturers will be heavily involved. I know this as I worked directly with the Attorney for Mossberg on making sure the manufacturing process I was designing and setting up to make gun stocks was close as possible to being untouchable in the event of a lawsuit.

As mentioned in the beginning of my post a precedent has been set and there is no way of knowing which direction this current lawsuit will go.
I’m sure S.W. Will be fighting this.

Last edited:
What needs to happen is when people sue manufacturers over misuse of their products, under whatever BS guise, and then lose, they should have to pay the manufacturer whatever amount it is they were suing for.
as well as pay all of thier own attorney's fee's. and at what $200 per hour (and up) for billable hours? that's a bundle to pay thier attorneys'.

Back