testtest

Waterproof Shotgun Shells

iklwa

Master Class
I saw a YouTube video the other day that surprised me. The fellow said that when dunked in water, his 12 gauge shotgun shells (including slugs) failed to fire.
How does the Average Joe or Jane waterproof shot shells without having a nuclear engineering degree?

I love my 870 and consider it a "Front Line" defense tool; however, this news regarding waterlogged shells is distressing.

Help!

I saw a YouTube video the other day that surprised me. The fellow said that when dunked in water, his 12 gauge shotgun shells (including slugs) failed to fire.
How does the Average Joe or Jane waterproof shot shells without having a nuclear engineering degree?

I love my 870 and consider it a "Front Line" defense tool; however, this news regarding waterlogged shells is distressing.

Help!
Wax shells beforehand.

Slugs make sense; it’s pretty much wide open in front.

But plastic hulled shotshells should be properly crimped and pretty much weatherproof.

Did the guy gave them 20’ deep, or something?

Help!
Did he happen to say what brand they were?

Help!
This might help?

Did he happen to say what brand they were?
Perhaps he did but I don't remember. He was; however, mentioning some other brand that is already waterproofed. Perhaps this was just a slick commercial for the morons in the crowd (i.e. me)?

Wax and Do NOT use this.

Attachments

• D51C6C95-697C-4A7D-996E-AD8840A2C088.jpeg
    D51C6C95-697C-4A7D-996E-AD8840A2C088.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 198
Just use silicone spray like camp dry. Doesn't have to be excessive. I've used wax too, but it builds up pretty quickly, but is better for long term storage.

Back