testtest

We Will Get To See

Status
Not open for further replies.

southtex

Professional
Founding Member
As the possible bail outs continue to grow we will get to see how conservative our elected officials are going to act. I suspect it will be spending like crazy. Cruise Ships are fun/luxury not necessity, hotels should be 100 domestic minimum (sorry Pres), air/rail, cover domestic loss only and should continue with tough guidelines. I can't believe the Senate is talking Trillions and plans to stay until 3 bills are passed. Any bailout money needs to have buy back, special dividend, and board bonus restrictions (as in zero) which is what happened with their big tax break putting us in this position and not leaving any capital to work with AGAIN. First priority is taking care of peoples health and trying to harness this spread. I would like to see a good chunk of the business money go for the small/medium business models which I think will help speed recovery. Just my thoughts

No it is not, but they are the focus of my remark. It aggravates me to no end to see these huge corporations standing there with their hand out and getting all the attention while the small businesses get pushed to the back of the room.
There are many "airlines" that no bigger than the chain of two or three restaurants. The business owners are trying desperately to find ways to keep their employees paid some how. Whole event is crazy.

When this is over, if financial things continue on the trajectory that it appears they are going, we are going to be in a big financial mess. It isn't very comforting to know most of the rest of the world will be in a mess also because history as I remember it says that is the way things were in the Great Depression. It will be interesting to watch, to say the least.

IMO it seems the administration is developing a plan to spread the assistance around.

IMO critical infrastructure that supports the function of the nation should be part of the relief package vs. the "shovel-ready" crap that the previous admin came up with then admitted that things weren't shovel-ready.

Plus the previous admin bailed out companies that were run by political buddies (i.e. Solyndra) that then declared bankruptcy.

Just think what would be happening if senile Biden or Comrade Bernie was calling the shots.

IMO it seems the administration is developing a plan to spread the assistance around.

IMO critical infrastructure that supports the function of the nation should be part of the relief package vs. the "shovel-ready" crap that the previous admin came up with then admitted that things weren't shovel-ready.

Plus the previous admin bailed out companies that were run by political buddies (i.e. Solyndra) that then declared bankruptcy.

Just think what would be happening if senile Biden or Comrade Bernie was calling the shots.
So going trillions more down the hole is fine, again regardless of administration fat cats will get fatter. I do realize we are spending money to send people home whereas previous package was intended to keep people on the job. When you open the checkbook everyone wants to pay themselves friends and family. Personally I think the past 7-10 days has been a true cluster. It took till this weekend for Trump to admit the severity putting us way behind the 8 ball. This has nothing to do with party but performance. If one of my people put out this performance he would looking to perform elsewhere. I do agree with infrastructure, small/medium size businesses, and healthcare need to be handled to keep moving forward. I personally hope we restrict the money to only domestic costs i don't care about International losses although I realize it impacts bottom line. It would look the same but with different players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back