testtest

What a night

About 8:30pm a 10 day old kitten got injured, but couldn't tell as it was crying for a good while. About an hour later it was off to the vet to get checked due to not opening its eyes that are normally open except when sleeping. Vet did a check over and noticed that its head had a place that was swollen a bit and its neck wasn't functioning normally also. Talked about what to do possibilities, brought some kitty milk home and off to the house the kitten and I went. Meanwhile my oldest came to town with 1 of the twins to pickup pizza about 10:15pm. They left town about 10 minutes in front of me. As we (kitten and myself) were heading back my oldest called me (1st thought it was a pizza concern) and informed me that they had a wreck! Hit a deer about 1/2 mile just after turning onto the road home (about 3 miles from my location). He said both are OK, but airbags deployed causing them to hit a tree. By that time they weren't going fast and the contact with the tree so no big coming to a halt to cause them serious injuries. I was going about 75 when I passed a cop (I usually turn on my hazzard lights when I have some sort of an emergency, but didn't at this time), he turned around and started pursuit (reasonably). I called 911 to inform them of the situation for safety measures. I didn't stop due to being on a bridge and 1/2 mile passed/off the bridge was where the accident was. At 1st he thought I was trying to evade him (this is when we wre talking face to face) as I laughed and stated "I was going to slow for that". The EMT's arrived to check them out just for good measures and all is OK. NO bruises, cuts, scrapes or any other signs of I injuries. The smell from the airbags deployment stinks like ash and a fire. All of the pizza had ghe powder on it, so there went 5 large pies (not of any concern, but they didn't make it). The kitten is getting better and starting to open its eyes and get more mobile, but still needing to be bottle fed. The mother does try, but no luck yet. Hopefully in the next 3 days it'll be good as new.

Glad the kids are ok. And the kitten. Did the vet give any ideas what may be wrong with it's head/neck ?

I once got pulled over in a notorious speed zone doing about 100 MPH with a dog that had been shot in my back seat. I pulled over and the as soon as the cop got up to the door and I pointed at the dog and told him it was a gunshot wound he told me to get going.

About 8:30pm a 10 day old kitten got injured, but couldn't tell as it was crying for a good while. About an hour later it was off to the vet to get checked due to not opening its eyes that are normally open except when sleeping. Vet did a check over and noticed that its head had a place that was swollen a bit and its neck wasn't functioning normally also. Talked about what to do possibilities, brought some kitty milk home and off to the house the kitten and I went. Meanwhile my oldest came to town with 1 of the twins to pickup pizza about 10:15pm. They left town about 10 minutes in front of me. As we (kitten and myself) were heading back my oldest called me (1st thought it was a pizza concern) and informed me that they had a wreck! Hit a deer about 1/2 mile just after turning onto the road home (about 3 miles from my location). He said both are OK, but airbags deployed causing them to hit a tree. By that time they weren't going fast and the contact with the tree so no big coming to a halt to cause them serious injuries. I was going about 75 when I passed a cop (I usually turn on my hazzard lights when I have some sort of an emergency, but didn't at this time), he turned around and started pursuit (reasonably). I called 911 to inform them of the situation for safety measures. I didn't stop due to being on a bridge and 1/2 mile passed/off the bridge was where the accident was. At 1st he thought I was trying to evade him (this is when we wre talking face to face) as I laughed and stated "I was going to slow for that". The EMT's arrived to check them out just for good measures and all is OK. NO bruises, cuts, scrapes or any other signs of I injuries. The smell from the airbags deployment stinks like ash and a fire. All of the pizza had ghe powder on it, so there went 5 large pies (not of any concern, but they didn't make it). The kitten is getting better and starting to open its eyes and get more mobile, but still needing to be bottle fed. The mother does try, but no luck yet. Hopefully in the next 3 days it'll be good as new.
Holy cow !!!
Glad family is ok.

Glad the kids are ok. And the kitten. Did the vet give any ideas what may be wrong with it's head/neck ?

I once got pulled over in a notorious speed zone doing about 100 MPH with a dog that had been shot in my back seat. I pulled over and the as soon as the cop got up to the door and I pointed at the dog and told him it was a gunshot wound he told me to get going.
My wife was stepping backwards and did step on it, but not full weight and not on the neck or head. Looked like she stepped on its toes/feet. Thought it was crying because of that only. Not sure what happened to the head or neck or even when? The mother cat has been moving them (her kittens) around and might have dropped it on its head? Monday I'll go back in and do x-rays if not doing better. The kitten has been opening its left eye all the way open, but left eye about 1/2 way. Its been having more movement and crying more (the usual kind like before injury), but still not nursing. At least it's taking formula staying hydrated. No conclusion on why it has the injuries?

My wife was stepping backwards and did step on it, but not full weight and not on the neck or head. Looked like she stepped on its toes/feet. Thought it was crying because of that only. Not sure what happened to the head or neck or even when? The mother cat has been moving them (her kittens) around and might have dropped it on its head? Monday I'll go back in and do x-rays if not doing better. The kitten has been opening its left eye all the way open, but left eye about 1/2 way. Its been having more movement and crying more (the usual kind like before injury), but still not nursing. At least it's taking formula staying hydrated. No conclusion on why it has the injuries?

Hopefully the little thing bounces back soon brother. They are resilient little creatures.

Hang in there, you're for sure doing the right thing for the little guy/girl. Hard to tell anymore ... at least with people. Not really all that hard with kittens. (y)

My parakeet
20230506_014301.jpg

Really glad the kids are ok that’s the most important.

I’m sure you’re aware but keep in mind kittens and puppies can’t go the bathroom by themselves and need help, this is why the mother licks them.
After feeding the kitten use a warm wet paper towel to gently rub its private parts to induce the passing of urine and feces. If not done it will poison the kitten.
This of course if the mother is not helping after it’s bottle feeding.

Not a pleasant thought or job but needs to be done to ensure it’s survival.

Really glad the kids are ok that’s the most important.

I’m sure you’re aware but keep in mind kittens and puppies can’t go the bathroom by themselves and need help, this is why the mother licks them.
After feeding the kitten use a warm wet paper towel to gently rub its private parts to induce the passing of urine and feces. If not done it will poison the kitten.
This of course if the mother is not helping after it’s bottle feeding.

Not a pleasant thought or job but needs to be done to ensure it’s survival.
On a positive note the mother still does that even though the baby isn't nursing her. The mother is about 9 or 10 months old. Didn't know that was possible for her to get pregnant at that young of an age. She still acts like a kid herself and plays with her just over 4 weeks old siblings.

On a positive note the mother still does that even though the baby isn't nursing her. The mother is about 9 or 10 months old. Didn't know that was possible for her to get pregnant at that young of an age. She still acts like a kid herself and plays with her just over 4 weeks old siblings.
They can get pregnant at around their first heat which is around 6 months old.

This is why getting even strays (feral) cats fixed right after their first heat cycle.

This afternoon its appetite is back and act like it was starving. Hungry, hungry and hungry as it went thru 3 droppers (maybe an oz or more). The mother is doing the licking (stimulating) so to keep her kid functioning safely. @Keystone19250 reminded me in case I forgot so the little one doesn't go into toxic shock (sort of). Hopefully today or tomorrow it'll start back with mom for nutrition. Both eyes are fully open again and being more mobile. Fixed a droper for formula, but left to go see where the fire was at. I guess it missed me, because my kids said it was crying the whole time I was gone (10 minutes maybe). Probably going to be attached to me now which isn't a big deal. Just glad it's coming around and getting back towards normal.

This afternoon its appetite is back and act like it was starving. Hungry, hungry and hungry as it went thru 3 droppers (maybe an oz or more). The mother is doing the licking (stimulating) so to keep her kid functioning safely. @Keystone19250 reminded me in case I forgot so the little one doesn't go into toxic shock (sort of). Hopefully today or tomorrow it'll start back with mom for nutrition. Both eyes are fully open again and being more mobile. Fixed a droper for formula, but left to go see where the fire was at. I guess it missed me, because my kids said it was crying the whole time I was gone (10 minutes maybe). Probably going to be attached to me now which isn't a big deal. Just glad it's coming around and getting back towards normal.
It has bonded with you.
You have a great friend for life.
Awesome job TFL.

That's great news.

Back