testtest

What would I like to have started with......

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
After years of stuffing cases what would I have loved to be able to start out with?
Well its all the equipment I have now, as I sold all out and this is Ver 2!

First the Lyman Turret press and some goodies. Ver 2 really started with a lot of
RCBS but this from Lyman has my new press and the accessories are very good.

Lyman Press.JPG

I'm not too much of a fan of the digital scale include in this kit. All the rest is fine.
What would I add to this? Here it comes...
Reloading Nice to Have.jpg

Calipers came from Harbor Freight for less than $20. They measure in SAE, Metric, Fraction..... nice to do quick conversions with.
Loading trays will handle 50 rounds per tray so I have 4 to process 200 at a go.
I like the balance scale.... easy to see the weight.... maybe cause I'm old school. :D
Calibration Weights to insure you are loading exactly what you want.
Multiple Turret heads so you don't have to change dies all the time.
Hand primer so I can prime and watch a little TV. Well, more listen as the eyes are busy elsewhere.

Necessary items not shown: Cases, Primers, Bullets, Powder.....:D

After years of stuffing cases what would I have loved to be able to start out with?
Well its all the equipment I have now, as I sold all out and this is Ver 2!

First the Lyman Turret press and some goodies. Ver 2 really started with a lot of
RCBS but this from Lyman has my new press and the accessories are very good.

View attachment 553

I'm not too much of a fan of the digital scale include in this kit. All the rest is fine.
What would I add to this? Here it comes...View attachment 554

Calipers came from Harbor Freight for less than $20. They measure in SAE, Metric, Fraction..... nice to do quick conversions with.
Loading trays will handle 50 rounds per tray so I have 4 to process 200 at a go.
I like the balance scale.... easy to see the weight.... maybe cause I'm old school. :D
Calibration Weights to insure you are loading exactly what you want.
Multiple Turret heads so you don't have to change dies all the time.
Hand primer so I can prime and watch a little TV. Well, more listen as the eyes are busy elsewhere.

Necessary items not shown: Cases, Primers, Bullets, Powder.....:D
What is the total cost of all that?

What is the total cost of all that?
Components in the two pictures + components in the Cleaning brass thread + powder, primers and bullets figure around a $1000. The way I was shooting a the time cost and savings I had my ROI in 8 months. If you are shooting the higher priced ammo it doesn't take long to get it back. If a round costs 60¢ and you can load it for 17¢ doesn't take long to break even on the equipment. Then the up side. You can work with different loads (recipes) and that
can be very interesting. Your not confined to factory loads.
I digress.... hope the price doesn't run you off. You can cut corners some. Check ebay for some previously owned.
Look for sales... need more give me a shout.....

Back