testtest

When You Shouldn’t Use a Weaponlight

Agreed.

Only time I could see having it always on is if the power is out or its pitch black in your home and you want to make sure you ID everything in front of you.

To me a WML is as much about blinding your possible intruder / attacker as it is ID'ing.

I agree also.

I have light-sticks at ready to toss ahead of me to high-lite areas ahead, and also use a nav light to keep a low-profile before the need to use a higher intensity light.

I'm untactical, so I'm not going to wade into the argument for or against WMLs... but I will say I've had my eye on the :cool: XD M Elite Tactical OSP for a while... I'm pretty sure I sincerely need that pistol...
Same here on WMLs and the OSP. I like that you mentioned coffee as part of your EDC.

That reminds me of the time when I was on duty in military dress uniform [unarmed] and was confronted by a car jacker who was drunk and looking for a fight. My first thought if attacked was to douse the individual with the contents of my piping-hot Duncan Donuts coffee before delivering a smackdown. I immediately got loud and he backed away. I really didn't want to get my uniform dirty anyway.

Clearly there's a legitimate use for them when utilized properly. There is always enough ambient light in my house that I will not need a light to see my way around. My primary HD weapon has a light with a pressure switch on it. I wouldn't have a WML without a pressure switch.

A home invasion defense event should be concluded within a couple of seconds when the intruder breaks into the saferoom - typically the master bedroom. This is when a gun light plus laser is critical.
Which brings me to the subject that makes most gun owners burst out laughing - shooting from the hip. With the laser, the classical stand is not needed or productive since holding the gun out makes is an easy target to grab. This is at least what happens in the movies.
A lasered gun held with both hands at the waist level is just as good as an AR. That picture shows the outcome from 21 feet. The group is high because I didn't zero the thing. IMG_20201030_152334703.jpg

Same here on WMLs and the OSP. I like that you mentioned coffee as part of your EDC.

That reminds me of the time when I was on duty in military dress uniform [unarmed] and was confronted by a car jacker who was drunk and looking for a fight. My first thought if attacked was to douse the individual with the contents of my piping-hot Duncan Donuts coffee before delivering a smackdown. I immediately got loud and he backed away. I really didn't want to get my uniform dirty anyway.
Yep, coffee is definitely on the EDC list (y) :coffee:

I'm untactical, so I'm not going to wade into the argument for or against WMLs... but I will say I've had my eye on the :cool: XD M Elite Tactical OSP for a while... I'm pretty sure I sincerely need that pistol...

I fanatically love my OSP.

Just ran it at a handgun challenge at the end of October - didn't do as well as I hoped but that was on me rushing and not the pistol :D

Probably have 3k rounds through it by now - it will likely never be replaced as my competition gun. The fact that I can throw a can on it is even better.

At night my home has a very faint blue light at one or more places in each room. I can see fine but others usually can't. I always carry a very small and fantastically bright light for blinding purposes to use if it makes sense. https://www.nebotools.com/p/MYCRO/595 I also own larger lights https://www.nebotools.com/p/REDLINE-6K/700 for use outdoors.

I do not attach lights to guns except for two lasers attached to two TAC 13s.

At night my home has a very faint blue light at one or more places in each room. I can see fine but others usually can't. I always carry a very small and fantastically bright light for blinding purposes to use if it makes sense. https://www.nebotools.com/p/MYCRO/595 I also own larger lights https://www.nebotools.com/p/REDLINE-6K/700 for use outdoors.

I do not attach lights to guns except for two lasers attached to two TAC 13s.

I also have lighting in my house that gives me a tactical advantage. My bedside .45 has a laser and the bedside shotgun has a WML with a pressure switch conveniently located. It’s specifically for blinding purposes as I can see if there’s a person standing there without aid of a light. And there is NO ONE who can be in my house in the middle of the night who would be innocent.

When I take possession of my TS12 it will, after some range time, most likely displace my current bedside shotgun. I haven’t decided if I’ll put a light on it or not.

I’m for it and they definitely have a place on certain, designated or dedicated firearms be it a pistol or rifle/shotgun. Most certainly to identify a target or subject. I have kids and a dog and I also have dim light throughout the house and a WML would benefit in stunning or blinding an intruder as the lumens from the WML are much brighter than the “softer” light in my house.

Being out and about and sometimes in certain areas with low or no light a WML is more effective for me vs a handheld light if the need arises I am having to use my firearm vs transitioning from a handheld light to my firearm. That call would be a subconscious call as to where your at and who your with.

My M&P 9 is the only one that has a light. It's a CT Laserguard Pro LL-801G green laser and light. It is programmable and activates via a momentary pressure switch on the grip where the middle finger of your strong hand rests. I've trained enough with it that I can operate it when necessary. It's only 100 lumens which is enough for the house but there is also a 500 lumens handheld on the nightstand which I pick up automatically no matter which weapon is next to it. My Rottweiler (85 lbs.) lets me know when anyone is in "his" yard.

Last edited:
Back