testtest

Why Staying Alert is Key for Personal Defense

i have been looking over my shoulders, for as long as i can remember. scanning any parking lot i am walking thru, where i park my car, etc,etc.

when i was younger and going to trade school, i worked part time as a security guard. the place i was assigned, was no better than parts of Chicago.

and i only had a "billy club" and a can of mace.......

good times.

all of that, continued in my garage working days, and trucking days, when one WOULD BE in very dangerous areas.

Another fine article from the sheriff, Why staying alert is key for personal defense. I now really keep vigilant when I am out shopping and such, with todays environment, you just never know if anything is going to happen, I'm not paranoid, but just cautious.

why-staying-alert-is-key-for-personal-defense
Thanks Annie, More good advice and words from sheriff. Much went unsaid partially because it needn't be? Like some people are good at test taking and still fail in real life scenarios? There's sometimes two worlds in a sense. Can be a juggling routine keeping alert and in step with one around us at times?

Like the Sheriffs characters? - Alias Smith and Jones was good western TV series too! :)

The point he's making is an excellent one. Being a bullseye shooter does not make you effective in a gunfight. @KASHIRA-3 points this out all the time and he is absolutely correct.

I happen to be a bullseye shooter and bad as Billy Jack, but that's a different story. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Another fine article from the sheriff, Why staying alert is key for personal defense. I now really keep vigilant when I am out shopping and such, with todays environment, you just never know if anything is going to happen, I'm not paranoid, but just cautious.

why-staying-alert-is-key-for-personal-defense
"Paranoia" is described as an unreasoning fear.
Anyone with half a brain should know the hyenas and godless savages are loose and on the prowl.
Watching out for them seems entirely reasonable.

Good read Annie I for one have always looked over my shoulder and if the person is too close I simply let them pass me in a nice way I don’t like people walking close behind me always have done that and scan the whole scene
I’m just a little more cautious right now after my surgery since I still can’t wear jeans and a belt, I feel like a soft target anymore, that’s why I picked up a Ruger LCP in .380 so I could pocket carry till I get back to normal.

With everything that has gone on in the past couple of years, people’s fuses are shorter than ever. It’s just good business to be aware. You never know whether someone took exception with they way you drive, or got pissed because you decided to write a check for your groceries, or overheard the comment you made because you got agitated because they were trying to find exact change buying their groceries. Or worse, KillerFord is your neighbor. Anyway, I digress, people are taking exception to the slightest thing and it pays to have good SA.

Situational Awareness- never taught a class without at least mentioning it. The 2 officers are a great example of precision shooting vs combat shooting. Civilians would ask me to teach them to shoot a pistol because they wanted one for personal protection. They didn’t know it but what they were really asking was to be taught how to fight with a gun.

Situational Awareness- never taught a class without at least mentioning it. The 2 officers are a great example of precision shooting vs combat shooting. Civilians would ask me to teach them to shoot a pistol because they wanted one for personal protection. They didn’t know it but what they were really asking was to be taught how to fight with a gun.
Situational Awareness is what saved me in the military, as a firefighter and while enjoying a hobby as a photographer. Always, always look around and pay attention to others paying attention to you.

Back