testtest

Why You Should Carry a Knife

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
From simple pocket knives to Swiss Army-style multi-tools, the choices, sizes, and styles of everyday carry blades are endless. If you’re not keeping a good knife on your body, you’re skipping one of the basic essentials.

Why You Should Carry a Knife

6082fc8319c9336b5c6083e6d1da3d29f0382042c8eb8.jpg

I've carried a knife (at least one) every day since I was 9--the first one was a Cub Scout Camillus. And I still have it.

Currently I carry a Victorinox Adventurer and a CRKT M16.

I love Ka-Bars TDI LDI are great. Just have to remember to remove them when traveling. I put some silicone on the outside of the sheath to make sure they stay in place.
* you have to rough up the surface because its a pretty slick surface.

I been EDC my knife for at least 35 years like HG says you feel naked without one . But you do have to remember like I was doing some paperwork in court today put it in the glove box and when I got out put it right where it belongs right front pocket

Cub Scouts gave my son a scout knife. It was dang sharp. I confiscated it to avoid an ER visit and gave it back to him when he was 35....
Cub Scout Camillus, then the basic Boy Scout Camillus, then the "nice" Boy Scout Camillus, then a Camillus USGI pocketknife, and then around 1987 or so, the Victorinox Adventurer, still carrying that one today. I still have them all except the "nice" BSA Camillus. Actually I'm pretty sure I still have it, I just can't find it at the moment.

I didn't know the Scout knives were Camillus until I got the USGI knife, and then started looking at them.

I bought my Dad (a professional pilot) a Gerber Esquire for Christmas 1975. He never carried it (or any other knife, which I could never understand), and I found it, still in its box, in his stuff when he passed a couple years ago. I still have that one, too.

Back