testtest

Why Your Trigger Pull Matters

Hi,

I'd like to know the trigger weights of all my pistols, just curious. I like some better than others. They're all stock. It seems I'm able to get a more "straight back" trigger press with the lighter triggers. But for some reason my Garrison makes me really work hard at it. It might be time to start with polishing the trigger internals on that one. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

While I can appreciate a nice light trigger, the truth is that after 42 years of turning wrenches for a living i have strong, hard and frankly not very sensitive hands. I can work just fine with triggers others find totally unacceptable. For me, its more about smooth rather than light.
I'm also a long time DA revolver shooter. 12lbs? No problem. ;)

I have numerous weapons with different trigger pulls. Granted I did the trigger upgrade on my CZ75 Compact...and I got one of the first Hellcats and the trigger was rough. I did the trigger upgrade (lol protip...use a plastic bag when pulling it apart) both of which gave me not the lightest but GOD did it make the trigger pull smooth.

One of my older pistols is the Kahr CT 9 with a long smooth double action. Once you get used to it its nice.

THE BIGGEST thing about any trigger pull..is dry fire practice. My sweetie has an HKVp9Sk probably one of the best triggers right out of the box. But she does not dry fire practice so she has issues not slapping the trigger.

My first issued weapon was a revolver (yes I am that old) it took hours of dry fire practice to get the 10# to 12# DA pull down...but you can do this. Practice Practice Practice

Have three S&W M&P's with triggers that average 2.5-3 lbs, SA Echelon averages 4.2lbs. All of them have aftermarket trigger kits installed.

Back