testtest

Will These Primers Work?

I've been slowly building up a collection of all the necessary equipment and supplies nessasary to start reloading. However due to the ammo crisis right now. Primers have been very difficult to find. A friend of mine gave me a box of each small pistol, large pistol, and large rifle primers. Although I fully intend to. I haven't fully read and studied any of my three reloading manuals yet and I'm most certain I can look up the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

The three boxes of primers given to my are fairly old I'm thinking. Being completely green to reloading and having never done it before. Will These Primers work for what I want to start off loading in the beginning of my experience with this time consuming art? The cartridges I want to start loading in the beginning are.

9mm
10mm
44mag
.308 win
.30-06
.338 Win Mag.

I'm pretty sure the box of rifle primers won't work for Magnum Rifle cartridges. However, will the work for .308 win and. .30-06? And do 9mm cases require large or small pistol primers? Probably a stupid question as I could just look at the base of a 9mm to see, or I read up on it.

As far as CCI 200, 300, and 500 goes. What do These numbers mean? I realize that CCI is the manufacturer. Just not sure about the numbers?

Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated! 👍 As I'm going to be new to reloading, but really looking forward to working up and experimenting on what loads work best for me and each particular firearm I intend on developing loads for. Thanks Again guys!
IMG_20220522_104949269_HDR.jpg

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

Small rifle primers will substitute for small pistol primers. I don't care what number a manufacturer uses, I go by their description such as small or large pistol. 9mm uses small pistol primers. 45 acp annoyingly may use either. I personally only use large pistol brass for 45 acp.
I saw some weird European primers yesterday. One brand had 1K of primers in one layer in the box, not contained in our normal 100 count containers. You would have to pick out 100 at a time to put on shaker tray. I'll pass.

I've been slowly building up a collection of all the necessary equipment and supplies nessasary to start reloading. However due to the ammo crisis right now. Primers have been very difficult to find. A friend of mine gave me a box of each small pistol, large pistol, and large rifle primers. Although I fully intend to. I haven't fully read and studied any of my three reloading manuals yet and I'm most certain I can look up the answer to the question I'm about to ask.

The three boxes of primers given to my are fairly old I'm thinking. Being completely green to reloading and having never done it before. Will These Primers work for what I want to start off loading in the beginning of my experience with this time consuming art? The cartridges I want to start loading in the beginning are.

9mm
10mm
44mag
.308 win
.30-06
.338 Win Mag.

I'm pretty sure the box of rifle primers won't work for Magnum Rifle cartridges. However, will the work for .308 win and. .30-06? And do 9mm cases require large or small pistol primers? Probably a stupid question as I could just look at the base of a 9mm to see, or I read up on it.

As far as CCI 200, 300, and 500 goes. What do These numbers mean? I realize that CCI is the manufacturer. Just not sure about the numbers?

Any info or advice will be greatly appreciated! 👍 As I'm going to be new to reloading, but really looking forward to working up and experimenting on what loads work best for me and each particular firearm I intend on developing loads for. Thanks Again guys!
View attachment 27564

Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!
The have to find some way to define a difference between what they are. Each 1 you listed also has a 250 (magnum large rifle), 350 (magnum large pistol) and 550 (magnum small pistol). You're fine if you use the 200's in the magnums. Depending on combination of barrel, powder, case and atmospheric conditions it can be a winner. I use the 350's in non-magnum cartridges also along with 450's (small magnum rifle) in small rifle cartridges (300bo to be exact).

Back