testtest

Wilson combat j frame springs

javbike

Hellcat
I purchased a set of j frame springs from Wilson combat it come with #8 reduced power hammer spring and #13 #14#15 reduced power rebound trigger spring any thoughts on which rebound trigger to use I am thinking to go with #13 ? Mine is a model 640 older smith

I purchased a set of j frame springs from Wilson combat it come with #8 reduced power hammer spring and #13 #14#15 reduced power rebound trigger spring any thoughts on which rebound trigger to use I am thinking to go with #13 ?
I had a set of reduced recoil springs put in my model 36 . my gunsmith recommended the #14LB spring . Said a person shooting fast could over run the trigger with the lighter spring.

I don't know but I like mine the way it is.

So my springs came in from Wilson combat I installed the 8 hammer spring and went with a 13 trigger spring if I don’t like it I can always put the 14 in latter . This is on my hammer less j frame model 640 feels a world of difference range report to follow . Note if you try to do it the trick is use a plastic bag because that spring will fly across the room this way is goes right in the bag easy

So I went to the range today with my model 640 first time shooting it with the new Wilson combat spring holy moly it’s my go to gun it’s like a new gun best 15.00 spent that includes shipping see for you self 15 yards
91664A0F-E84F-4C04-B67F-5C701A6523FF.jpeg

What size shot were you using in that shotgun?? :ROFLMAO: Just kidding. Pretty good shooting . I know the spring kit in my model 36 made it a completely different firearm. My 36 with the spring kit is about the same as my 642 PC .

After the springs were installed in my 36 I shot a 1/2 inch 3 shot group off hand at 10 yards with the other 2 shots opening it up to 1 1/2 ".

What size shot were you using in that shotgun?? :ROFLMAO: Just kidding. Pretty good shooting . I know the spring kit in my model 36 made it a completely different firearm. My 36 with the spring kit is about the same as my 642 PC .

After the springs were installed in my 36 I shot a 1/2 inch 3 shot group off hand at 10 yards with the other 2 shots opening it up to 1 1/2 ".
That’s great papa

Back