testtest

XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact: The “Do Everything” 9mm?

Can't believe it! I love my XD-M Elite Precision and was looking for a more concealable version of it. I just decided to buy the Hellcat (haven't even fired it yet) because the other Elites were too big, but I probably would've held off if I knew this was coming down the pike. I'm a big fan of the META trigger over the one on the Hellcat and I miss the ambi controls.

SA needs to make this in a 10mm version, but it would likely need a slightly larger frame length for the 10mm cartridge length.

I'm guessing it would be a standard 12+1 capacity in 10mm. A bit more with an extension to equal 14+1.

It would be a G29 killer.

Last edited:
I am so happy to see that Springfield has come back out with the XD-M Compact, in the Elite series, 2 years after killing it. My XD-M Compact in 9mm is a great all around pistol. I use it as a EDC with both IWB and OWB holsters with the 13 round flush mag, and use it with the extended mag as my bedside firearm.

I don't think I would want the flared mag well installed for EDC use.

I am SO SO SO SO SO happy. I had a suspicion this was was going to happen and now that it has I am just dancing-happy. I truly believe in the headline “The Do-Everything 9mm”. After 4 different tries I landed on the XDM Compact as my EDC, with the Hellcat for those situations where I need deep concealment. The Compact is the perfect blend between barrel length, grip size, and shoot ability. Yes, the Hellcat feels like a feather on my hip compared to the Compact but the Compact compensates for my rank average distance marksmanship with aplomb. Happy Birthday XDM Elite Compact 3.8.
BTW-for those of you still reading this gush-fest...the 3.8 fits neatly in the CAA MCK. Just saying..extended mags.

Attachments

• 31385434-EF9B-4DFF-9B1D-9023ACEB9864.jpeg
    31385434-EF9B-4DFF-9B1D-9023ACEB9864.jpeg
    430.3 KB · Views: 276
I’m gonna be that guy, y’all. I think the better comparison would have been the compact’s big Sistah - 3.8 19+1 - instead of his big Brothah. That being said, this is one compact I will investigate more. Love me some XDM’s.

I am SO SO SO SO SO happy. I had a suspicion this was was going to happen and now that it has I am just dancing-happy. I truly believe in the headline “The Do-Everything 9mm”. After 4 different tries I landed on the XDM Compact as my EDC, with the Hellcat for those situations where I need deep concealment. The Compact is the perfect blend between barrel length, grip size, and shoot ability. Yes, the Hellcat feels like a feather on my hip compared to the Compact but the Compact compensates for my rank average distance marksmanship with aplomb. Happy Birthday XDM Elite Compact 3.8.
BTW-for those of you still reading this gush-fest...the 3.8 fits neatly in the CAA MCK. Just saying..extended mags.
I totally agree, that's why the XD-M Elite 3.8 Compact is my new EDC.

SA needs to make this in a 10mm version, but it would likely need a slightly larger frame length for the 10mm cartridge length.

I'm guessing it would be a standard 12+1 capacity in 10mm. A bit more with an extension to equal 14+1.

It would be a G29 killer.

I second this idea. I love my XDM Elite 3.8" with the full grip, but just can't justify purchasing the new compact right now because either my Sig P365 or Hellcat perfectly fill the roll of a concealable 9mm. I don't have a concealable 10mm, and would pick one up in a heartbeat if SA released it.

I second this idea. I love my XDM Elite 3.8" with the full grip, but just can't justify purchasing the new compact right now because either my Sig P365 or Hellcat perfectly fill the roll of a concealable 9mm. I don't have a concealable 10mm, and would pick one up in a heartbeat if SA released it.
I’d love to see the sales numbers on the G29. There seems to be a big division in thought on 10mm as a self defense round as opposed to duty, home defense, or bear tickler.

Back