testtest

XDM Elite 10mm OSP - Ammo and Holsters?

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the Armory Life and just picked up my first Springfield. I purchased the XDM Elite compact 3.8" 10mm. I love this handgun for sure. My question is on ammo. I heard and wanted to verify with you experts out there if I'm able to shoot the .40 caliber ammo out of this 10mm handgun safely? This is just more of a curiosity thing and confirmation that it can be done and done safely.

Also, wondering if anyone else has this same handgun and what luck you have had in the way of finding holsters? I'm looking for 2 set up styles. 1. IWB holster/mag and my second 2. Paddle holster.

Thank you all for your help!

Hi all,

I'm brand new to the Armory Life and just picked up my first Springfield. I purchased the XDM Elite compact 3.8" 10mm. I love this handgun for sure. My question is on ammo. I heard and wanted to verify with you experts out there if I'm able to shoot the .40 caliber ammo out of this 10mm handgun safely? This is just more of a curiosity thing and confirmation that it can be done and done safely.

Also, wondering if anyone else has this same handgun and what luck you have had in the way of finding holsters? I'm looking for 2 set up styles. 1. IWB holster/mag and my second 2. Paddle holster.

I have several 10mm firearms including this one. Personally, I wouldn't attempt to fire 40 caliber through a 10mm barrel even if it's possible to do so (my thoughts are if you want to shoot 40 buy a 40 caliber firearm, if 10mm then buy a 10mm firearm, etc). The link below shows In Stock 10mm ammo at Lucky Gunner online site. I'm not sure where you live or perhaps your State doesn't allow for online ammo sales. But 10mm ammo is out there and slowly (I'm assuming) will be showing up at LGS. Fortunately I have some 10mm ammo stock, but if I didn't, I'd wait until it became available if I couldn't by it online.

$19.00 shipping…yikes, better get more than one box. Nice to see it available though.
There's other online ammo outlets out there. I only search Lucky Gunner because it's one I've used in the past and I like Chris Baker's lounge articles and firearms/ammunition tests. There could be cheaper alternatives out there, searches for such would be prudent.
Ammunition Depot is another I've used (haven't recently searched for 10mm there though), and places like Midway USA sell ammo and offer free shipping on occasion for several of their items.

I have several 10mm firearms including this one. Personally, I wouldn't attempt to fire 40 caliber through a 10mm barrel even if it's possible to do so (my thoughts are if you want to shoot 40 buy a 40 caliber firearm, if 10mm then buy a 10mm firearm, etc). The link below shows In Stock 10mm ammo at Lucky Gunner online site. I'm not sure where you live or perhaps your State doesn't allow for online ammo sales. But 10mm ammo is out there and slowly (I'm assuming) will be showing up at LGS. Fortunately I have some 10mm ammo stock, but if I didn't, I'd wait until it became available if I couldn't by it online.

Many Thanks. I appreciate it

I agree with @BET7 that It's not worth the risk to save a few cents per round trying to shoot a caliber not specifically designed for your firearm even if there are videos or stories out there showing otherwise unless the optional caliber has been approved by the manufacturer of said firearm.

It only takes one mistake to get yourself fitted for a new hook hand.

You cannot shoot .40 in a 10mm safely. Since the cartridge headspaces on the case mouth rim the .40 would not be able to correctly since it is shorter cartridge.

So my other question if anyone can assist, Has anyone had luck in holsters for the XDM Elite 10mm compact for IWB and Paddle
Well, if I were to carry it, my personal preference for any of my carries at this current time, is Crossbreed's IWB Reckoning holster, that with additional accessories can be configured for OWB or AIWB, etc. Below is a link for all their options for SA's XDME 3.8 firearm. I'm sure other on her have other holster options that are just as good.

Hi all,

Not recommend to shoot .40 out of a 10mm gun, the headspace won’t be right and you may end up with a ruptured case, I know on gun forums guys have done it, but are they really telling you the truth. Like @BET7 said, if you want to shoot a .40, get a .40.

Back