testtest

McCloskys

Bassbob

Emissary
Good news ( I guess ) for the McCloskys. They were both convicted of misdemeanors ( 4th degree assault, 2nd degree harassment, blah blah blah) and required to turn over the AR and the pistol they were brandishing to be destroyed. Even though they are misdemeanors governor Parsons is considering pardoning them.
I’ve stated my opinion on this here before. First of all, arming yourself on your own property in the face of an approaching mob is not assault or harassment. And WTF is the deal with forfeiting their weapons? What purpose does that serve ? Their 2A rights are not affected other than now they will be endlessly delayed on BGCs because they have misdemeanor weapons charges on their record. These are wealthy attorneys living in the most exclusive neighborhood in the city of STL. They can easily just go buy more guns. What benefit to anyone is destroying those guns?

That said, these are a couple dipshits who probably should just hire some bodyguards and leave the armed security to someone who isn’t a moron.

Good news ( I guess ) for the McCloskys. They were both convicted of misdemeanors ( 4th degree assault, 2nd degree harassment, blah blah blah) and required to turn over the AR and the pistol they were brandishing to be destroyed. Even though they are misdemeanors governor Parsons is considering pardoning them.
I’ve stated my opinion on this here before. First of all, arming yourself on your own property in the face of an approaching mob is not assault or harassment. And WTF is the deal with forfeiting their weapons? What purpose does that serve ? Their 2A rights are not affected other than now they will be endlessly delayed on BGCs because they have misdemeanor weapons charges on their record. These are wealthy attorneys living in the most exclusive neighborhood in the city of STL. They can easily just go buy more guns. What benefit to anyone is destroying those guns?

That said, these are a couple dipshits who probably should just hire some bodyguards and leave the armed security to someone who isn’t a moron.
Concur 👍

Wasn't he talking about running for congress?

Agree. But why would you categorize them as dipshits?

For them to cop a plea makes me think there are details yet to be known.

Again, what the law states, motions, pleas, precedents, etc etc and what is right are often two different things.

Agree. But why would you categorize them as dipshits?

For them to cop a plea makes me think there are details yet to be known.

Again, what the law states, motions, pleas, precedents, etc etc and what is right are often two different things.
They are dipshits because they came out of their house and pointed guns at people, with their fingers on the triggers, when those people were not on their property. My primary problem with this is the gun safety rule,” Never point a gun at something you aren’t trying to kill/ destroy.
In their position I may well have come out of the house armed as well. I wouldn’t have been pointing a gun at unarmed people who were marching by on the street though.

Laws vary by state. You are currently not allowed to issue commands (as witnessed in the video) with a firearm in Oklahoma.
Missouri is stand your ground and castle. If you can make the case that you were in reasonable fear for your life you are justified.

I’d like to read the actual Oklahoma statute because it sounds to me like if you were holding an armed perpetrator at gunpoint and issuing a command such as “ drop your weapon” you could be indicted. Or was that just you generalizing ?

I think their big trouble came about when the pointed their guns at folks who were unarmed and not on their property.
Had someone been on their property and threatened them , with a weapon, then they would have been ok.

Hypothetical: i take it as me pulling a gun at my neighbor who is yelling from his yard he will come over and kick my ass for mowing the yard at 7am. Not a reason to pull a gun

I agree with the fact that they had no business pointing firearms fingers on the trigger at the protesters. That being said they were used to make a point by the states attorney in that area. She (Kim Gardner) is piece of work.
Absolutely. And her illegal and corrupt targeting of former governor Eric Greitens is likely to get her disbarred.

Disappointed that they caved to a plea deal. I never saw any pics of them branding in a lethal way, especially since the wifey didn't even know how to hold a pistol.

They were clearly being threatened by the mob, but they didn't handle things properly.

If he's going to cave to easily he'd likely cave to the Dems if he was elected.

Last edited:
I think that mob was as good as on their property. It was a private gated community. If you look at where the protest came from and where they said they were heading, this neighborhood was in the opposite direction. However, doesn't the theory go, "Don't draw unless you are truly in fear of your life. If you didn't pull the trigger, were you truly in fear for your life". I think prosecuting them is wrong but there is certainly something to be learned from how they handled it. They weren't going to shoot the whole mob. The mob, most likely, wasn't going to just turn and walk away because they saw the gun. Theoretically they were sitting ducks to possibly many armed people. Stay behind cover and call the police. Take the risk of your lawn getting torn up (as opposed to being shot by a group of criminals). If they get to the door, you have a bit of a tactical advantage, I would think. Only a few can be there at one time. If they were going to swarm/surround your house, being out in the open isn't increasing your survival chances....IMO

McCloskey has sued just his neighbors, his father and sister, they have sued the Portland Place Trustees in an attempt to acquire common ground as their own property, he intentionally destroyed a beehive on the property next to them that is owned by Jewish Central Reform congregation and then threatened court action against them, and they sued the trustees trying to make them enforce and old rule that prohibited unmarried couples from living together. They have sued many other people over minor issues. The McCloskey’s are major A-holes.

Missouri is stand your ground and castle. If you can make the case that you were in reasonable fear for your life you are justified.

I’d like to read the actual Oklahoma statute because it sounds to me like if you were holding an armed perpetrator at gunpoint and issuing a command such as “ drop your weapon” you could be indicted. Or was that just you generalizing ?
OK2A is working with the legislature to add more protections in the Oklahoma SDA.

Probably would have been better for this couple to remain inside their home (armed) and call 911.

I do not agree with them pleading guilty, but I understand it. Probably wise.
On the other hand I would have asked who got charged with wrecking the gate and criminal trespass, before I agreed to plead guilty.
All that said, they should not have pointed the weapons. If they hadn't, this would and should have been a non issue.

I think that mob was as good as on their property. It was a private gated community. If you look at where the protest came from and where they said they were heading, this neighborhood was in the opposite direction. However, doesn't the theory go, "Don't draw unless you are truly in fear of your life. If you didn't pull the trigger, were you truly in fear for your life". I think prosecuting them is wrong but there is certainly something to be learned from how they handled it. They weren't going to shoot the whole mob. The mob, most likely, wasn't going to just turn and walk away because they saw the gun. Theoretically they were sitting ducks to possibly many armed people. Stay behind cover and call the police. Take the risk of your lawn getting torn up (as opposed to being shot by a group of criminals). If they get to the door, you have a bit of a tactical advantage, I would think. Only a few can be there at one time. If they were going to swarm/surround your house, being out in the open isn't increasing your survival chances....IMO
Our new congresswoman Cory Bush was in that mob. Google her. She’s part of the STL “squad” along with Gardner and Tishaura Jones. Who’s father Virvus was the city comptroller until he was convicted of embezzlement and went to prison.

IMHO, all this is a sign of the times. There WAS a time when the laws were for everybody and applied accordingly. But today, those principles are skewed and it now depends on WHERE you are, WHO you are and what the political implications are and WHOSE making decisions as to prosecution. It's never been a good idea to be waiving guns around and pointing them at folks as a suggestion to follow commands (unless the commands are coming from LE personnel). And the LEFT"S desire to curb senseless shootings has now spread into who runs a community and what those folks THINK they can do to either stop shootings or their stance on Gun Control. To them, the 2nd Amendment means ZIP and people do whatever they want to encroach on other's property, destroy it or bring about what they perceive as "positive" Social Change. Best rule is stay inside you home, don't make any contact with anyone you perceive is there to do you harm......UNTIL such time they force their way into your home (uninvited). And then, send them home to Jesus so HE can set them straight. And hope the local Prosecutor isn't a Democrat!

This is a sore subject to me, my personal opinion is there should not have been any charges against them, they were defending there home against rioters, did any on the rioters get charged with anything, no! Even though some were supposed to be armed themselves, so if you defend yourself or your home, you can or will be charged, makes no sense whatsoever, just my opinion here.

Back