testtest

McCloskys

This is a sore subject to me, my personal opinion is there should not have been any charges against them, they were defending there home against rioters, did any on the rioters get charged with anything, no! Even though some were supposed to be armed themselves, so if you defend yourself or your home, you can or will be charged, makes no sense whatsoever, just my opinion here.
I agree they shouldn't have been charged. And a plea deal, which they took, was likely struck beause prosecutors knew they could never make the more serious gun charges stick in this state due to Castle and stand your ground laws. In this state Castle doctrine extends to wherever you are that you legally have the right to be. They didn't need to be in their house.

That said, pointing guns at a mob who as threatening as they were did not come close enough or make any attempt to physically harm the McCloskys, was ridiculous. Standing there with arms in plain view, ok, I can see that, but they were pointing them at the crowd. I disagree that they were under any obligation to remain in their home. It's their property and no one has the right to make them stay inside, least of all a mob of friggin' goons and criminals.

I agree they shouldn't have been charged. And a plea deal, which they took, was likely struck beause prosecutors knew they could never make the more serious gun charges stick in this state due to Castle and stand your ground laws. In this state Castle doctrine extends to wherever you are that you legally have the right to be. They didn't need to be in their house.

That said, pointing guns at a mob who as threatening as they were did not come close enough or make any attempt to physically harm the McCloskys, was ridiculous. Standing there with arms in plain view, ok, I can see that, but they were pointing them at the crowd. I disagree that they were under any obligation to remain in their home. It's their property and no one has the right to make them stay inside, least of all a mob of friggin' goons and criminals.
I certainly wasn’t saying, legally they should stay in their home. I was opining that they had a better tactical advantage from inside their home. One person from that mob could have shot from cover very easily. BUT…..I am no tactical expert. To sit this far away and armchair quarterback it, is just as bad. Trying to decide what I could learn from this and how I would handle based on this new info/example.

The desire to live would have been the only “obligation” ;)

The mob was headed to the Mayor's house and could have cared less about the McCloskeys. The McCloskeys being the confrontational people they are decided to confront the mob. Stupid idea on their part. It was very smart on their part to take a plea deal because rich folks on trial in the City of St. Louis probably wouldn't have gone well for them. Of course, the governor would have pardon them anyway. Just because you have the right to own firearms doesn't give you the right to do stupid things with them. Here is a picture of that very same mob later that evening in front of Mayor Krewson's house. They painted the word RESIGN in the street.

5ef96ec9595b6.image.jpg

The mob was headed to the Mayor's house and could have cared less about the McCloskeys. The McCloskeys being the confrontational people they are decided to confront the mob. Stupid idea on their part. It was very smart on their part to take a plea deal because rich folks on trial in the City of St. Louis probably wouldn't have gone well for them. Of course, the governor would have pardon them anyway. Just because you have the right to own firearms doesn't give you the right to do stupid things with them. Here is a picture of that very same mob later that evening in front of Mayor Krewson's house. They painted the word RESIGN in the street.

View attachment 18446
I definitely agree that they were showboating or something. It's almost certain that if they hadn't been out there pointing weapons and yelling those idiots would have just marched on by. I'm sure taking the plea was a smart move. They are lawyers. Parsons will likely pardon them anyway though.

I certainly wasn’t saying, legally they should stay in their home. I was opining that they had a better tactical advantage from inside their home. One person from that mob could have shot from cover very easily. BUT…..I am no tactical expert. To sit this far away and armchair quarterback it, is just as bad. Trying to decide what I could learn from this and how I would handle based on this new info/example.

The desire to live would have been the only “obligation” ;)

That's true enough. Confronting hundreds of angry people unnecessarily, with your idiot wife holding an inoperable weapon, and you holding one weapon and not wearing any shoes, is just radically stupid.

Not at that it really matters, but if you look at where the protesters started, the mayors house and the McCloskeys house......It would have been a left turn to the mayors and it was a right turn to the McCloskeys. 180 degrees away from the mayors house..

Not at that it really matters, but if you look at where the protesters started, the mayors house and the McCloskeys house......It would have been a left turn to the mayors and it was a right turn to the McCloskeys. 180 degrees away from the mayors house..
Well they wound up at her house.

On a side note I was putting a gas service in one of her neighbor's house and you could see the graffiti on Krewson's house. It wasn't from this mob, it was a few weeks earlier.

A really good take from someone who knows them, lives in the same city, was an ex cop in that county and runs a gun shop in St Louis. Sig_glockincolt’s post from today.
www.instagram.com/sig_glockincolt

One of my best friends served in the Marine Corps with one of the co-owners of that store. Tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. His store is actually in St. Charles, not St. Louis. I bought plenty of stuff from them ( Tactical Sh*T ). They're kinda high on some things although they do usually stock a lot of low end ( NCStar, etc.) stuff, but man, if you need high end optics, NV or tactical gear they got it all. I can't see his post because I don't " Instagram". Maybe you could C&P it here for us ?

I am friends with a lot of current St. Louis city cops. I also train with several of them and take classes by one or two of them. Once you get past their near universal hate for Kim Gardner, they pretty much feel like I do. It's hard to say the McCloskys broke any laws given Missouri's Castle and stand your ground laws, but they sure are a couple of opportunistic dumb azzes.

They sell this type of stuff.

This company makes awesome stuff by the way.

According to my buddy, his buddy Alex is just an employee but he is TJ’s right hand man.
Also, I don’t recall seeing any guns in the store. They sell accessories and gear but I don’t think they sell guns.

One of my best friends served in the Marine Corps with one of the co-owners of that store. Tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. His store is actually in St. Charles, not St. Louis. I bought plenty of stuff from them ( Tactical Sh*T ). They're kinda high on some things although they do usually stock a lot of low end ( NCStar, etc.) stuff, but man, if you need high end optics, NV or tactical gear they got it all. I can't see his post because I don't " Instagram". Maybe you could C&P it here for us ?

I am friends with a lot of current St. Louis city cops. I also train with several of them and take classes by one or two of them. Once you get past their near universal hate for Kim Gardner, they pretty much feel like I do. It's hard to say the McCloskys broke any laws given Missouri's Castle and stand your ground laws, but they sure are a couple of opportunistic dumb azzes.
Oh yea I forgot the moved, the used to be right down the road from the Shriners Hospital, we would drive by when we would take patients. Now thats the New Shriners hospital not the old one. it hard to summarize sine its a video, several min long with a bunch of good points.

Is your buddy on the Shots Fired podcast?

According to my buddy, his buddy Alex is just an employee but he is TJ’s right hand man.
Also, I don’t recall seeing any guns in the store. They sell accessories and gear but I don’t think they sell guns.
Tac **** sells guns, they just got into it when they expanded with tac **** FL. In his video I linked to he is showing off a gun they have in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yea I forgot the moved, the used to be right down the road from the Shriners Hospital, we would drive by when we would take patients. Now thats the New Shriners hospital not the old one. it hard to summarize sine its a video, several min long with a bunch of good points.

Is your buddy on the Shots Fired podcast?
Yeah I remember they expanded into FLA. I’ve only ever been to the store in St. Charles or ordered stuff online.

As for the podcast, I really don’t know. My buddy served with Alex, who works for TJ. So Alex may be.

I agree we should all be able to protect one's home and life. Not sure how bright they were however. My understanding was the crowd was not on thier property, and going out with brandished weapons may have served to escalate the situation in a wrong direction if they were unlucky.

However... I never heard one complaint over the Asian shop owners who protected thier businesses standing armed on thier roofs during the LA riots after Rodney King.

I agree we should all be able to protect one's home and life. Not sure how bright they were however. My understanding was the crowd was not on thier property, and going out with brandished weapons may have served to escalate the situation in a wrong direction if they were unlucky.

However... I never heard one complaint over the Asian shop owners who protected thier businesses standing armed on thier roofs during the LA riots after Rodney King.

Like I said, standing in plain view with a rifle in your hand is a different thing than pointing it at the crowd and yelling at them. I never saw any videos of Asian store owners pointing weapons at rioters and screaming at them. I think them standing there with their weapons at the ready did the trick.

The Left still have not been able to figure out they and they alone are the BEST SELLERS of guns and ammo. Take a look back at most Republican presidencies and you'll see that the ammo and firearm manufacturers are just about to go out of business. While president Tump was in office EVERYTHING was in stock so much so that prices dropped very low just to move products. Heck many manufacturers had taken out large sums of money in loans to expand and then BOOM things stopped and they grew very afraid they were not going to be able to make loan payments.
Clinton, Obama and Biden massive amount of firearms and ammo sales.

Back