testtest

Please recommend Hellcat w/rds appendix holster

Hi everyone,
Thank you so much for your help in advance.
I always carry a custom Glock 19 with RMR, Appendix (12 years, carry everywhere, except shower. LOL). I recently acquired a Springfield Hellcat with an rds and would like to carry that on occasions I may be a bit more concerned about my level of concealment and printing. My two favorite holsters for my Glock are the AIWB V-Development's, Seraph and the Tenicore holster. I would love to hear recommendations from the group on kydex, AIWB holsters that don't add any bulk and are comfortable. I prefer belt loop snaps, but am open to clips for a firearm of this size.
Thanks everyone!!!!!
Steve

Give Rudy @ "Black Hills" leather a look-see. He has some really nice choices. I personally have two of his holsters, both OWB. One is unlined for my PF-9, the other is lined for my Hellcat w/RDS. My first from BH's leather was for my KelTek. I liked it so well that when I got my Hellcat, I didn't even consider any other. I am totally satisfied with both. Prices are very reasonable, quality is great, and CS is as good as it gets.

I'm a total fan of real leather and the OWB design. I do not like Kydex simply due to the noise and it being so hard/rigid, typically prints much more than a good, fitted leather holster. BTW, I carry 'appendix' carry, but on my left side since I'm a southpaw. I typically slide the holster on my belt between the first two belt loops on my left side, then once I'm buckled up and ready to go, I slide the holstered pistol as far to the front as possible. It rides right up against the back of the first belt loop. The design I like is BH21-P. It rides a little higher on my belt than some I've tried and I like that feature as well as the overall fit/finish.

On Edit: This particular holster has no snaps nor clips, but has belt slits cut in it. And it is boned for that particular pistol and is a good, snug fit.

I don't like leather though. In the past, I've purchased many expensive leather holsters from places like High Noon Holsters, paid $250 and waited 12 weeks. Caught in one rainstorm on my motorcycle and holster was never the same. Leather also puts more wear on the firearm due to more points of surface contact over time and the holster breaks in. Thanks for offering the information though. I do appreciate you taking the time.

Give Rudy @ "Black Hills" leather a look-see. He has some really nice choices. I personally have two of his holsters, both OWB. One is unlined for my PF-9, the other is lined for my Hellcat w/RDS. My first from BH's leather was for my KelTek. I liked it so well that when I got my Hellcat, I didn't even consider any other. I am totally satisfied with both. Prices are very reasonable, quality is great, and CS is as good as it gets.

I'm a total fan of real leather and the OWB design. I do not like Kydex simply due to the noise and it being so hard/rigid, typically prints much more than a good, fitted leather holster. BTW, I carry 'appendix' carry, but on my left side since I'm a southpaw. I typically slide the holster on my belt between the first two belt loops on my left side, then once I'm buckled up and ready to go, I slide the holstered pistol as far to the front as possible. It rides right up against the back of the first belt loop. The design I like is BH21-P. It rides a little higher on my belt than some I've tried and I like that feature as well as the overall fit/finish.

On Edit: This particular holster has no snaps nor clips, but has belt slits cut in it. And it is boned for that particular pistol and is a good, snug fit.
Have a combo IWB / OWB Crossbreed Kydex holster not real fond of for those very reasons, Plus, it can still deform wearing IWB just enough not to easily reseat gun into holster if not careful ....and not too fond of supplied IWB / OWB clips either. Got for a very fair price is all. (Not list price.) But, there are others who love them. Likely just me?

Have a combo IWB / OWB Crossbreed Kydex holster not real fond of for those very reasons, Plus, it can still deform wearing IWB just enough not to easily reseat gun into holster if not careful ....and not too fond of supplied IWB / OWB clips either. Got for a very fair price is all. (Not list price.) But, there are others who love them. Likely just me?

I've said several times I don't care for Kydex in any holster, just me. Too hard/rigid, too noisy. I like the boned/formed leather holsters both for looks and effectiveness. Mine from Blackhills hold their shape and look good. I never have to be concerned about whether they're open for re-holster or not ..... they are. But then remember they're OWB. I can't vouch for IWB but I would think they're just as reliable.

The one for my PF9 is 'unlined', for the Hellcat is 'lined'. Not sure but I'm thinking if I get another it'll be 'unlined'. The main difference I see is the 'lined' one is a tad bit thicker, but the interior of them both are about the same. And the 'unlined' one is every bit as stiff/firm as the 'lined' one.

Just something to ponder!

I've said several times I don't care for Kydex in any holster, just me. Too hard/rigid, too noisy. I like the boned/formed leather holsters both for looks and effectiveness. Mine from Blackhills hold their shape and look good. I never have to be concerned about whether they're open for re-holster or not ..... they are. But then remember they're OWB. I can't vouch for IWB but I would think they're just as reliable.

The one for my PF9 is 'unlined', for the Hellcat is 'lined'. Not sure but I'm thinking if I get another it'll be 'unlined'. The main difference I see is the 'lined' one is a tad bit thicker, but the interior of them both are about the same. And the 'unlined' one is every bit as stiff/firm as the 'lined' one.

Just something to ponder!
Have one lined holster for a 1911, likely wouldn't get another lined holster. Had a semi sharp edge on a front sight that grabbed liner, hung up on it, separated and tore leather liner. The liner is least of concerns, removing firearm from holster quickly is. The one Kydex holster have likely play with some more and after that not sure. Only got it to experience 1st hand more with Kydex and was both IWB / OWB holster. Results? Kydex is still annoying to me.

Don't hate me for this suggestion...Have you ever looked at Tactica Belly Band? Perfect draw position, kydex (fit specifically for your model) keeps it secure, no digging when you sit, comfortable as all hell. I just think it's. a step up from pure appendix carry.

Don't hate me for this suggestion...Have you ever looked at Tactica Belly Band? Perfect draw position, kydex (fit specifically for your model) keeps it secure, no digging when you sit, comfortable as all hell. I just think it's. a step up from pure appendix carry.
Thanks for suggestion / thoughts. Not on hate list, but may be on probation list for 50 years! - Am Kidding!
Have looked at them, not a fan of Spandex/elastic. Too restrictive for my taste.

I don't like leather though. In the past, I've purchased many expensive leather holsters from places like High Noon Holsters, paid $250 and waited 12 weeks. Caught in one rainstorm on my motorcycle and holster was never the same. Leather also puts more wear on the firearm due to more points of surface contact over time and the holster breaks in. Thanks for offering the information though. I do appreciate you taking the time.

Back