testtest

New EDC Handgun Ruger Max 9 Pro

I actually got to handle one of these in my local gun shop over the weekend. I've never owned a Ruger, but this one seemed to want to go home with me very badly. I overcame the urge lest I be sleeping out in the yard, but I was curious if anyone has any experience with this handgun? Reviews I've watched seem favorable but you know how that goes.....I've always respected the Ruger brand, just never had an opportunity to own one. The Max 9 Pro seemed to fit my Sasquatch hands very well with the 12-round extended magazine and the stock night/fiber optic sights were top notch. So, just seeing if anyone might have an opinion or some experience. The trigger break was fantastic, btw, very crisp and not too heavy at all for a striker fired handgun.

1626713402607.png

I handled one and shot one. I really liked it and it shot very well. It would have come home with me if it had a rail. Not having a rail kind of negated some of the useful function I have been looking for in a poly pistol. Might not make sense, I am close to buying another 1911 with no rail or Optics ready, but any striker pistol has to have both. No sense perhaps but there it is...

I handled one and shot one. I really liked it and it shot very well. It would have come home with me if it had a rail. Not having a rail kind of negated some of the useful function I have been looking for in a poly pistol. Might not make sense, I am close to buying another 1911 with no rail or Optics ready, but any striker pistol has to have both. No sense perhaps but there it is...
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

The new Max9 is basically a higher capacity LC9s in a newer package. I have a couple LC9s and they are my go to carry pistol for comfortable carry. The only thing that's kinda dumb about this series of pistols is the take down method where you need to push down the small gate then knock out the slide retaining pin to remove the slide. Other then that my LC9s shoots awesome and I can hit a silhouette target at 50yds consistently with it.

I'd gamble to say the Max 9 is worth picking up.

The new Max9 is basically a higher capacity LC9s in a newer package. I have a couple LC9s and they are my go to carry pistol for comfortable carry. The only thing that's kinda dumb about this series of pistols is the take down method where you need to push down the small gate then knock out the slide retaining pin to remove the slide. Other then that my LC9s shoots awesome and I can hit a silhouette target at 50yds consistently with it.

Thanks for the info. I did see on Youtube that the take down procedure was a bit cumbersome. So far, that's about the only drawback I've seen.

I also carry the LC9s Pro daily. Very easy and comfortable to pocket or iwb carry. Works with any ammo I've fed it. Great to shoot and very accurate, even with me pulling the trigger lol. I did have to put night sights on it. I would think the Max 9 Pro is also a keeper.

Btw, "Pro" is Ruger's way of saying no manual safety or mag disconnect safety.

Ugh! Just saw this thread is a month old.

I also carry the LC9s Pro daily. Very easy and comfortable to pocket or iwb carry. Works with any ammo I've fed it. Great to shoot and very accurate, even with me pulling the trigger lol. I did have to put night sights on it. I would think the Max 9 Pro is also a keeper.

Btw, "Pro" is Ruger's way of saying no manual safety or mag disconnect safety.

Ugh! Just saw this thread is a month old.
Great pistols!

Don't sweat the age of the thread as a lot of these threads get visitors at different times and it sometimes refreshes the thread conversation when someone new joins. Also when someone responds to any thread it gets pushed into the home page.

I like Ruger firearms, but I probably won't be picking up a Max-9. I have nothing against the gun, but I already own both a Sig Sauer P365 and a Springfield Hellcat. The P365 has run flawlessly as my EDC, so I just don't need another micro-9mm right now.

I carried the Ruger LCP II for years as my backup or as a pocket pistol while working out or wearing clothes that wouldn't conceal anything larger. I just upgraded to the LCP Max, and absolutely love that gun. I would've made the switch for the tritium front sight alone, but the upgrade from 6+1 to 10+1 with a barely noticeable change in size is an awesome perk. I feel confident saying that the Ruger LCP Max is the best pocket gun on the market right now. I would advise anyone considering the Max-9 to check out the LCP Max as well.

Here's a great review by Colion Noir on the Ruger Max 9:

Full disclaimer: He is a paid spokesman for Ruger.

The Ruger Max 9 looks like an updated version of the Ruger EC9S, my preferred carry gun.

I was in my local pawn shop the other day, and they had a Ruger Max 9 for sale. It felt really good in my hand. The optional thumb safety had a really solid feel to it, if you like a thumb safety. However, the safety is only on the left side, that is, only for a right-handed shooter. I wish it was on both sides, in case I decided to carry in my left pocket.

Here's a great review by Colion Noir on the Ruger Max 9:

Full disclaimer: He is a paid spokesman for Ruger.

The Ruger Max 9 looks like an updated version of the Ruger EC9S, my preferred carry gun.

I was in my local pawn shop the other day, and they had a Ruger Max 9 for sale. It felt really good in my hand. The optional thumb safety had a really solid feel to it, if you like a thumb safety. However, the safety is only on the left side, that is, only for a right-handed shooter. I wish it was on both sides, in case I decided to carry in my left pocket.

I will absolutely opt for the model (3503) WITHOUT the safety.

Don't like them on my guns.

Back