testtest

Dune (2021): Official Trailer

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
For those that like the book and original movie, a re-imaged version.

1627425512821.png

h**ps://youtu.be/8g18jFHCLXk

Last edited:
It took me 2-3 attempts to immerse myself into the first & subsequent two books due to their complexity.

Word has it that the director shot more footage for a sequel to the one coming out in October.

Looks interesting, I am still patiently waiting for my favorite series of books to be on the big screen. Have heard rumors for years about Jordan's Wheel of time getting cast.

As far as current movies coming out, ok I am ashamed to admit it, but I love the Hotel Transylvania movies and want to see the new one coming this fall.

Looks interesting, I am still patiently waiting for my favorite series of books to be on the big screen. Have heard rumors for years about Jordan's Wheel of time getting cast.

As far as current movies coming out, ok I am ashamed to admit it, but I love the Hotel Transylvania movies and want to see the new one coming this fall.
Not sure if know about this or not?

I think I stopped at God Emperor.... I remember reading those books as a late-teen, just fascinated by that universe (I think I eventually stopped because it was just getting too much for my young mind to track).

I'm really looking forward to the new movie. As with many, I also think that there's parts to Herbert's words that perhaps needed today's visual-effects technology to render convincingly, so I do have high hopes.

At the same time, even though I confess to loving Lynch's version(s), my hopes are tempered by that film, too.

-----

@Talyn and @Annihilator - I don't really track the Marvel universe outside of the motion pictures and the shows on Disney+, so take this for what it's worth, but I really loved Black Widow. It's a fun ride of a movie.

I enjoyed the original Dune movie and look forward to a remake however I always or most times end up being disappointed. Some movies should never be remade as with others they need to be especially those made so many years ago that the new technologies in digital filmmaking offer incredible visual effects.

^ We enjoyed that, too.

But did you also feel that the movie should've ended a half-hour to 40 minutes earlier? Not that I didn't enjoy the ending, just that it went longer than expected. :LOL:

Oh, and......

Originally from the SK Arms FB page ------->>

A future soldier time travels into a gun store:

"I need a rifle to kill aliens that are mostly bullet proof."

Ok, you're probably going to want a larger caliber, probably .308, or for armor the added velocity of 6.5 Creed might...

"No, we only have 5.56."

Ok, no problem. You're going to at least want a longer barrel to keep as much velocity as you can.

"I was thinking like, 7 inches."

Ah, ok. If portability is a big concern you're probably going to want a super compact PDW style stock.

"I need the longest, heaviest stock you can find."

...Ok. Lets talk optics then, a 7" 5.56 is gonna be pretty limited on range so a simple red dot...

"I need magnification."

Oh, are these aliens hard to identify?

"They're gigantic."

Oh.

"I tell you what, go ahead and put a red dot at a 45. They look sick."

Will you ever use it?

"I will not."

....so, aliens huh? That sounds rough.

"They have incredibly heightened senses. They can smell blood from a mile away."

OH. Well, now the shorter barrel makes a little more sense. You're making room for a big suppressor.

"A what?"

A silencer. Especially if you're going to be shooting these in close proximity to other people, the concussive forces will be...

"No thanks. We'll probably shoot a dozen of these full auto in a concrete stairwell."

That's...I think you're making my point.

"We'll also be fighting in dimly lit areas."

You'll want a super bright weapon mounted light.

"No I said they'll be dimly lit. What's your dimmest light?"

How is this war going for you?

"We're losing terribly."

1626108703272.png

^ We enjoyed that, too.

But did you also feel that the movie should've ended a half-hour to 40 minutes earlier? Not that I didn't enjoy the ending, just that it went longer than expected. :LOL:

Oh, and......

Originally from the SK Arms FB page ------->>

A future soldier time travels into a gun store:

"I need a rifle to kill aliens that are mostly bullet proof."

Ok, you're probably going to want a larger caliber, probably .308, or for armor the added velocity of 6.5 Creed might...

"No, we only have 5.56."

Ok, no problem. You're going to at least want a longer barrel to keep as much velocity as you can.

"I was thinking like, 7 inches."

Ah, ok. If portability is a big concern you're probably going to want a super compact PDW style stock.

"I need the longest, heaviest stock you can find."

...Ok. Lets talk optics then, a 7" 5.56 is gonna be pretty limited on range so a simple red dot...

"I need magnification."

Oh, are these aliens hard to identify?

"They're gigantic."

Oh.

"I tell you what, go ahead and put a red dot at a 45. They look sick."

Will you ever use it?

"I will not."

....so, aliens huh? That sounds rough.

"They have incredibly heightened senses. They can smell blood from a mile away."

OH. Well, now the shorter barrel makes a little more sense. You're making room for a big suppressor.

"A what?"

A silencer. Especially if you're going to be shooting these in close proximity to other people, the concussive forces will be...

"No thanks. We'll probably shoot a dozen of these full auto in a concrete stairwell."

That's...I think you're making my point.

"We'll also be fighting in dimly lit areas."

You'll want a super bright weapon mounted light.

"No I said they'll be dimly lit. What's your dimmest light?"

How is this war going for you?

"We're losing terribly."

1626108703272.png
They put the Hera fixed buttstock, and front foregrip on those.

Back