testtest

Update on Hellcat

wolfpack076

Professional
Have the Hellcat and after today up to about a thousand rounds so far. No issues whatsoever. Thank you to everyone who responded to my post about the so called issue with the triggers. I appreciate it. Also. Just saw the brand spanking new Emissary. I am new to 1911 style 45's. Anyone on here handle or see 1 yet ? I also have a Saint and love it and getting hooked on my Springfield purchases. Since I am new to a 45 I would seek out training and I would only use it for the things that go bump in the night and not a conceal carry weapon and I was just wondering if anyone has seen or handled one yet and any thoughts they can share with me before I make a decision on it. Thanks again.

If you already don’t have a 1911, I may suggest you start out with a Springfield Mil-Spec or Ronin, then if you like the 1911 you can move up to Emissary. My reason for saying this in case you don’t like the 1911 and instead of paying for a top line model, I would start out with the lower end just in case.

Last edited:
Thanks really appreciate the info but after seeing the video it looked really sweet so I kinda think since it caught my eye id ask around. But thanks for the info and I will seriously take it under advisement but didnt really think about the price too much at the time I saw the video of it.

You might want to at least try shooting 1911s before jumping in with both feet. The manual of arms is different and not every one becomes comfortable with cocked and locked carry or manipulating a hammer, grip safety, or thumb safety. And all steel 1911s are considerably heavier than modern poly pistols.

All that said, they really are great shooters. I think the easiest trigger to learn to shoot well.

Have the Hellcat and after today up to about a thousand rounds so far. No issues whatsoever. Thank you to everyone who responded to my post about the so called issue with the triggers. I appreciate it. Also. Just saw the brand spanking new Emissary. I am new to 1911 style 45's. Anyone on here handle or see 1 yet ? I also have a Saint and love it and getting hooked on my Springfield purchases. Since I am new to a 45 I would seek out training and I would only use it for the things that go bump in the night and not a conceal carry weapon and I was just wondering if anyone has seen or handled one yet and any thoughts they can share with me before I make a decision on it. Thanks again.
i have a Hellcat as well, and love it, right now, it's my EDC.

as for the Emissary, my LGS as of this morning, when i went there? they had none.

but i'd be a buyer on the spot when i get to hold one.

now, also, i see where the guide rod/recoil spring must be captured with a pin or paper clip.

since you do not have ANY 1911's, i''d highly suggest a lower priced gun, that has the front barrel bushing, and learn how to dissemble, clean and lube that...BEFORE you get a 1911, that REQUIRES capturing the guide rod/recoil spring assembly.

even if you have to get say like a Charles Daly or a Tisas 1911

i have a Hellcat as well, and love it, right now, it's my EDC.

as for the Emissary, my LGS as of this morning, when i went there? they had none.

but i'd be a buyer on the spot when i get to hold one.

now, also, i see where the guide rod/recoil spring must be captured with a pin or paper clip.

since you do not have ANY 1911's, i''d highly suggest a lower priced gun, that has the front barrel bushing, and learn how to dissemble, clean and lube that...BEFORE you get a 1911, that REQUIRES capturing the guide rod/recoil spring assembly.

even if you have to get say like a Charles Daly or a Tisas 1911
I have a Phillipino CD that runs like a top.

I would personally recommend a Ronin / RIA in 9mm for the first date in shooting 1911"s. I have a few 1911's but don't own either of the guns I recommended (full disclosure). Son n Law purchased a RIA and it has performed flawlessly. The Ronin gets good reviews and the price point on both is tolerable. You could carry / shoot either for an extended period of time. The Mil Spec mentioned by Annihilator is another great option.

I would personally recommend a Ronin / RIA in 9mm for the first date in shooting 1911"s. I have a few 1911's but don't own either of the guns I recommended (full disclosure). Son n Law purchased a RIA and it has performed flawlessly. The Ronin gets good reviews and the price point on both is tolerable. You could carry / shoot either for an extended period of time. The Mil Spec mentioned by Annihilator is another great option.
Mil-Spec is on my radar....

Back