testtest

TV shows that couldn’t be on today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three's Company
Night Court
Wings
Animaniacs (although they did it on purpose...)
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cheers
Golden Girls (hell, I'm amazed they let Hot in Cleveland fly currently - Betty White is STILL a pistol!)

Pretty much anything on TV back in the day was off-color towards one demographic or another and they all had their "bad" characters you just loved to hate...you just had to know what the show was about, and pick your poison as to what you watched, and avoid the ones that picked on "your" demographic.

Or, just watch 'em all and learn how to laugh at yourself (a skill that has sadly been lost in today's world).

Three's Company
Night Court
Wings
Animaniacs (although they did it on purpose...)
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinnati
Cheers
Golden Girls (hell, I'm amazed they let Hot in Cleveland fly currently - Betty White is STILL a pistol!)

Pretty much anything on TV back in the day was off-color towards one demographic or another and they all had their "bad" characters you just loved to hate...you just had to know what the show was about, and pick your poison as to what you watched, and avoid the ones that picked on "your" demographic.

Or, just watch 'em all and learn how to laugh at yourself (a skill that has sadly been lost in today's world).
"...just watch 'em all and learn how to laugh at yourself (a skill that has sadly been lost in today's world)."

Ditto 👍

I would be amazed if Hogan's heroes would be allowed today.
That's interesting. I watched the show when I was younger and thought it was funny. In later years I read that WWII veterans didn't think it was right to make a comedy concerning POWs, as some were in POW camps. Quite a few of the actors playing German officers/soldiers, were actually German Jews that went through rough times with the Nazi's, as did the Jewish actor that played the Frenchman Cpl. LeBeau.

That's interesting. I watched the show when I was younger and thought it was funny. In later years I read that WWII veterans didn't think it was right to make a comedy concerning POWs, as some were in POW camps. Quite a few of the actors playing German officers/soldiers, were actually German Jews that went through rough times with the Nazi's, as did the Jewish actor that played the Frenchman Cpl. LeBeau.
Need to get the back stories on the cast. Robert Clary was in a "Concentration Camp." Playing a part in a "POW Camp" made the difference. That's why he agreed. Werner Klemperer agreed to the part of Col. Klink on one condition, that Klink would NEVER have the last word/win over Hogan. John Banner (Shultz) was a sergeant in the US Army during WWII. Interesting stuff, Hogan's Heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back